Kudos to you guys!

Nurses Recovery

Published

I haven't personally experienced addiction or recovery, but I sometimes find myself on your forums.

I just have to say how much I admire the commitment you guys have made to recovery, and to going through the reinstatement process. Between the expensive tests, the crazy testing schedules, the avoidance of 'false positive' substances, etc., the whole thing sounds incredibly stressful and invasive. It seems like the process requires a great deal of self-discipline, patience, and humility, and I'm so impressed that you guys are sticking it out even though the journey is tough.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I think you're awesome, and you've got fellow nurses rooting for you!

Wow... we don't usually get this kind of attitude from nonaddicted nurses. Thank you!

Specializes in ED.

I completely agree with Adventure. I admire the work you all have to put into getting clean and keeping your license. "There but for the Grace of God go I"

Thank you!

thank you

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.

I've followed this forum for years despite not being in recovery, to the point where I too hate the system and how they mostly appear out to get money. I've read about crazy hard lessons learned which I have been able to incorporate into my own practice simple because so many of you are so open with your stories, mistakes, and journeys.

I've always wanted to post a similar thank you post like this one but never wanted to come across a certain way or offend anyone, but thank you! For sharing your stories with others, and for continuing to fight and do what you all do despite all of the obstacles that seem to be intentionally stacked against you. I know you all encounter a lot of judgmental nurses, but there are many of us nurses who totally support you and will do anything to help you along the way!

Specializes in Adult Primary Care.

Count me in too in the admiration club. I too have grown to hate the system based on the posts here!!!

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.
I've followed this forum for years despite not being in recovery, to the point where I too hate the system and how they mostly appear out to get money. I've read about crazy hard lessons learned which I have been able to incorporate into my own practice simple because so many of you are so open with your stories, mistakes, and journeys.

I've always wanted to post a similar thank you post like this one but never wanted to come across a certain way or offend anyone, but thank you! For sharing your stories with others, and for continuing to fight and do what you all do despite all of the obstacles that seem to be intentionally stacked against you. I know you all encounter a lot of judgmental nurses, but there are many of us nurses who totally support you and will do anything to help you along the way!

This. Jaded says it very well.

I respect you!

Much appreciated, thank you.

Same goes here. Props to your strength and perseverance. I've started CRNA school, and we had a lecture (one of many to come I believe) on addiction rates that up to 18% of crnas have abuse issues. It was somewhat sobering to realize all the little things that could completely derail my career....and life. Any time there is access to drugs there can be issues...I of course think "I have no desire for drugs, this would never happen to me" ( false human arrogance) but I've read so many posts here similarly so....Forewarned is for armed and it's a caution to stay vigilant--I've changed my patterns, I won't drive if I've had any more than one drink, etc. Thank you. I started reading here out of curiosity but I truly root for many of you that are beating the odds and staying clean. I look forward to many more "I did it, I'm clean, and done with monitoring posts!"

+ Add a Comment