Felllow Ohio nurses

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

Do you still use the green health folders? Our district still does but I would like to begin phasing them out and just use our electronic records through DASL. I know the state no longer provides the folders to the schools but I can't find any documentation that says we still have to use them.

I am the only nurse for our 4 schools and it would make my life so much easier if I could just use the electronic record, exclusively.

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

We do! Most everything is in DASL, but we do keep paper/folder record of immunizations and screenings (in addition to DASL). We also use these to store med admin records, doctors noted, referrals, etc.

Our new folders are just green file folders with a green cardstock version of the old fronts. It's kind of a pain, but it's nice to have somewhere to store all the papers.

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

OhioBPH, Do you still write their immunizations and screening results on the front or do you simply use the folders to maintain the paperwork that may come through?

Specializes in School health, pediatrics.

I do, but some others in my district just put everything inside. I think the visual of the written imm record is helpful for audits. I HATE the way they look in DASL.

+ Add a Comment