Feminine products

Specialties School

Published

I was wondering does your school fund for Female students to receive feminine pads and or tampons? The school district I work for does not supply them. I have bought a box and it is almost gone after the first day busy low socioeconomic population. Or do you have any resources on how our district or I can get these items for our female students.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Google the heck out of that topic. I know of a couple of charities that do this important work. You could also do an Amazon Wish List and start the ball rolling among your circle of friends.

Helping Women Period - Providing feminine hygiene products to homeless and low income women.

aprilmoss

266 Posts

Specializes in School Nurse.

Playtex sends a couple of cases of tampons to the athletic department (go figure). Some of these work their way down to the clinic for "emergencies".

When I was working in the middle school, several of the manufacturers sent sample packs for distribution to the students. I got the extras from these for the clinic as well.

peacockblue

293 Posts

I am able to purchase with my budget, but often I get free products from playtex or Tampax. Look around and maybe you can find freebies.

Nurse2Kids

56 Posts

I would definitely call the companies, ask local stores (Target/Walmart) for donations, maybe some local churches. I don't think anyone would bat an eye about donating those things for the students.

Amethya

1,821 Posts

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I'm so sure someone told me of organizations that give free feminine products.

+ Add a Comment