How to Support the Next Nursing Generation: The Z's

It's time to start thinking about the next generation of nurses - the iGen. The oldest of this generation is just graduating college now and they are already leaving their mark on nursing programs and the workforce. Learn a few things you need to know about Generation Z. Nurses General Nursing HowTo

• Workforce Development Columnist
    Specializes in Workforce Development, Education, Advancement.

You are reading page 4 of How to Support the Next Nursing Generation: The Z's

Wow incredible how sick this profession seems to be. I want to become a nurse to help people. I am a team player and a great person who loves people in general and I am disgusted and appalled by the behavior of nurses and how they treat eachother. I am so sorry you were once bullied but seeing comments on here saying I was bullied so now I need to return the favor is gross!!! Karma my dears karma. Do good and good will come to you. Im sure your bullies have paid a price for there behavior whether it be family loss, misery in life, loneliness whatever! Just know that with god and karma whatever you believe in you will get what you give! I volunteered at a hospital and was terribly mistreated and I was there for free!!!! Incredible right? The one profession that should be kind and loving in the furthest from it. What a sad thing for nurses to carry so much hate carrying hate is like carrying cancer or will soon become it. I hope things change for these young women who suffer through nursing school just to be bullied. I am considering another path just due the nurses behavior towards others. Grow up! At the same time I will not let someone run me away from a dream. I need to contemplate and ask for strength from god. Last thing I want is to have to be mistreated and bullied life is hard enough.

Trauma Columnist

traumaRUs, MSN, APRN

88 Articles; 21,249 Posts

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

I'm a baby boomer and many of us absolutely love working with a multigenerational workforce. This is the wave of the future. If WE don't embrace our differences and work for a common goal, WE are the ones losing out.

Best wishes to all of us that care for others.

Nunya, BSN

771 Posts

Specializes in NICU/Mother-Baby/Peds/Mgmt.
traumaRUs said:
I'm a baby boomer and many of us absolutely love working with a multigenerational workforce. This is the wave of the future. If WE don't embrace our differences and work for a common goal, WE are the ones losing out.

Best wishes to all of us that care for others.

I'm a Boomer too and if not for the younger nurses I wouldn't know about all the great music out there like Lady Gaga!