I Passed my NCLEX RN!!!

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I am now a licensed Registered Nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):happy::nurse: Passed in 75 questions!!!!!

If anyone wants to know what I recommend to study:

Uworld and Picmonic.

I tried Kaplan (included in school- was ok but kind of easy and too broad, and poor rationales), Hurst (school- too basic), and Lippincott Passpoint (free trial- didn't find it helpful).

But hands down, Uworld was all I needed. Picmonic was helpful if I didn't completely memorize a subject or if I wanted more info about a topic on Uworld. I paid for the month subscription of Picmonic.

My Uworld scores:

Overall average - 67.8%, 94th rank

Assessment 1- 65.3, 81st rank

Assessment 2- 77.3, 96th rank

In the last week I was consistently getting high 60s-70s. I did every question in Uworld and then had time to redo my incorrect/trouble areas.

I started off doing 75 q a day only then in the last 4 days went to 200-250 q/day.

I had notes I took on topics and I printed those notes out. As I remediated Uworld, I hand wrote notes in that I was weak on or hadn't remembered.

I made flashcards, but really it was my notes that helped more. I also made a sheet with only lab values and another sheet with only maternity (a weak area).

In all honesty, I found the NCLEX to be pretty easy compared to all the hype and stress I felt. If Uworld is a 10 for difficulty, NCLEX is a 5-6. My NCLEX was specific and covered a large range of topics.

Thanks allnurse members for the help throughout my years!

Direw0lf, RN, BSN!!!

Congrats! Hopefully I'll be there too in about 16 months :)

Congratulations! I am starting nursing school this fall, so I am hyped, and a bit jealous lol.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Congrats! I have enjoyed following your journey and know the best is yet to come!

Specializes in Hospitalist Medicine.

Congrats :)

Woohoo!!!

Specializes in Emergency.

Congrats!!

Specializes in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB.

CONGRATULATIONS, direw0lf, RN!!!

CONGRATS FELLOW MINNIE MOUSE RN! =) =)

I'll be taking mine on August 8. Been using UWORLD and Lacharity! Thanks for recommending PICMONIC. I never tried Kaplan - too expensive, never heard of HURST (been living in a cave..lol)

random....i hope i don't get that annoying TB question with the PPE. LOL

I am now a licensed Registered Nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):happy::nurse: Passed in 75 questions!!!!!

If anyone wants to know what I recommend to study:

Uworld and Picmonic.

I tried Kaplan (included in school- was ok but kind of easy and too broad, and poor rationales), Hurst (school- too basic), and Lippincott Passpoint (free trial- didn't find it helpful).

But hands down, Uworld was all I needed. Picmonic was helpful if I didn't completely memorize a subject or if I wanted more info about a topic on Uworld. I paid for the month subscription of Picmonic.

My Uworld scores:

Overall average - 67.8%, 94th rank

Assessment 1- 65.3, 81st rank

Assessment 2- 77.3, 96th rank

In the last week I was consistently getting high 60s-70s. I did every question in Uworld and then had time to redo my incorrect/trouble areas.

I started off doing 75 q a day only then in the last 4 days went to 200-250 q/day.

I had notes I took on topics and I printed those notes out. As I remediated Uworld, I hand wrote notes in that I was weak on or hadn't remembered.

I made flashcards, but really it was my notes that helped more. I also made a sheet with only lab values and another sheet with only maternity (a weak area).

In all honesty, I found the NCLEX to be pretty easy compared to all the hype and stress I felt. If Uworld is a 10 for difficulty, NCLEX is a 5-6. My NCLEX was specific and covered a large range of topics.

Thanks allnurse members for the help throughout my years!

Direw0lf, RN, BSN!!!

Congratulation dear! Your post helped ti calm my nerves a bit. How many SATA questions did you get in the exam? Thanks

Congratulation dear! Your post helped ti calm my nerves a bit. How many SATA questions did you get in the exam? Thanks

For every 1 multiple choice, I had about 3 SATA. Some SATA seemed pretty easy but you just have to read very careful. Think about each question! I took my 75 questions in 2 hours! But so what we have 6 hours so take your time.

I remember several of my nclex questions verbatim. (I spent enough time thinking about them haha) but it's probably not allowed to share them. So I'll just say that the questions were the same topics in Uworld. There wasn't one disease, skill or med I hadn't heard of on it. But the answer choices aren't the same as Uworld. You have to critical think about what you learned from school and Uworld and apply that for the answers.

HTH.

And thanks for the congratulations everyone!

For every 1 multiple choice, I had about 3 SATA. Some SATA seemed pretty easy but you just have to read very careful. Think about each question! I took my 75 questions in 2 hours! But so what we have 6 hours so take your time.

I remember several of my nclex questions verbatim. (I spent enough time thinking about them haha) but it's probably not allowed to share them. So I'll just say that the questions were the same topics in Uworld. There wasn't one disease, skill or med I hadn't heard of on it. But the answer choices aren't the same as Uworld. You have to critical think about what you learned from school and Uworld and apply that for the answers.

HTH.

And thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Oh my gush! I am happy for you. At least seeing topics you know will lessen your anxiety level and make you take your time to choose the correct answer. Thanks for the tips.

+ Add a Comment