Lonestar vs HCC?

U.S.A. Texas

Published

Hi, everyone! This is my first post here so please bear with me.

At 20 years old, I attempted the nursing school route at HCC. I completed half of my prerequisites and then pulled myself from school. I was not in a good place in my life so I was not ready. Then, I went down many paths, none of which brought me back to nursing. I am now 35 and have a soon-to-be 9 year old. I've never forgotten about my dream to be a nurse. I've always felt I was meant for it. I'm now looking into nursing school again and know that another school, Lonestar, seems to be quite popular.

What is your experience with either/both? Are the courses different? Which has better facilities? Which is harder to succeed in? Which is harder to get into? Which has a more complete and supportive environment? Which do employers prefer? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I know it will be hard but anything worth doing is and I believe that I'm ready to make it work this time around. I'm only worried about math!

If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know so I can repost appropriately.

HCC has a pretty bad reputation as they were put on probation a couple years back for poor NCLEX pass rates.

I attended Lonestar back in 2011/12 and absolutely loved that school. I was in the pharmacy tech program though so don't know much about the nursing program. I would definitely recommend the school though. They are always advancing and truly do seem to care about students.

I have attended Lone Star- Montgomery for the last 2 years and I start the ADN program at Lone Star- North Harris this month. I've really enjoyed going to Lone Star and the professors are great. The campuses are nice and well kept. I've heard great thing about all of the nursing programs and they have high NCLEX pass rates. I've never been to HCC, but I've heard bad things about their nursing program.

+ Add a Comment