USF Tampa Accelerated BSN Spring 2019

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Hi All! I can't find a thread for the USF Accelerated BSN program for Spring 2019, so I figured I would create it here. Years ago, I applied to both USF and UF Upper Division Nursing Programs and got rejected to both. I've since received a Bachelor's Degree in English with a 3.95 cumulative GPA. I don't have a single C on my entire transcript but I have a lot of B's in the pre-reqs that USF focused on (I started college right after high school and had a HORRIBLE science/math background, so it's amazing for me to have received those grades). My question is, would it be a total waste of time for me to reapply to USF as a second degree seeking student for the Nursing Program there? If USF is still looking at the same 4 classes to calculate pre req GPA (Microbio lecture, Stats, A/P 1 & 2 lecture), then my pre-req GPA is looking like a 3.25. If They are looking at ALL the pre reqs, then my pre-req GPA would be a 3.64. I just called the USF College of Nursing and the lady on the phone told me they look at ALL pre-requisites to determine the pre-requisite GPA, but when I looked at last year's students on this website (for last year's admitted class), and the experience I had myself when I applied in 2012, it doesn't line up. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time applying. I'm seriously considering going to in Tampa and getting my ADN and then bridging over for the BSN at USF (they accept Rasmussen grads, I called and checked). Does anyone know how USF's CON currently calculates their pre-requisite GPAs? Are lower pre req GPAs (like 3.25--if they're only looking at 4 classes without the labs) ever accepted into USF's CON if the person has a really high cumulative GPA (mine is 3.95), and could I have a shot?

I would apply

+ Add a Comment