should I move up my NCLEX date?

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Hey

my NCLEX is for 7/28.

I have an option to move it up to 7/18 (that's the only other option available currently)

I have been using Uworld primarily. I have 450 Uworld questions left still. My score on the first assessment is 65/81st rank, and I got a "very high" chance to pass. My overall average score is 65.8/92nd rank. My lowest Uworld score was 56 one time. My highest 75 question timed Uworld test is 74.

I used Hurst and Kaplan a VERY little bit and had a free trial of Lippincott. All 3 gave me a high chance of passing the NCLEX when I took the readiness/assessments.

My scores aren't the BEST but they seem passing?? What do you guys think please? I am not working from now till after the 18th but I am working after that so I wonder if I'll just forget stuff, or if I should go ahead and move my date up now even with these scores?

TIA Input is appreciated!

I'm taking mine next week also. I thought about changing, but I'm just going ahead with it. How did you get the free trial for Lippincott? I get the questions of the day. You got this!

A Lippincott passpoint code came with one of my required school books for a 14 day trial but I don't recommend it. Some wrong info on there, and questions just poor and seemed outdated. Not many SATAs.

Specializes in NICU.

If you feel that are as ready as you are going to be, move up the test. In my experience, the test was not as hard as it was hyped up to be. By not moving it up, you have an additional 10 days of anxiety over the test.

I agree with the above! :)

I had the same scores as you, I tested Thursday. It was a weird test. Not so medical, more teaching. LOL... I thought I failed, it shut off at 75, and I only had ONE priority question. Tons of SATA, but they were just like Uworld, or easier. :) You will do great. I passed!!

I'm taking it tomo, any advice on what I should focus on?

I think it can be so random, I wouldn't know what to tell you. Just remember that you are just trying to keep your patient safe. Know which diseases are isolation, and others are usually easy to figure out. Don't overthink the questions, they are just trying to make sure you are safe, and we are new nurses, we do not know everything.

Thank you!

Thanks for the advice! I'm glad I moved it up and am keeping this date because I just got a 77 and 96th percentile/high passing chance in my last uworld assessment! I feel ready - been studying my weak areas (pharm, OB) and doing better on my uworld tests. I'm more excited than nervous now!

Thanks for the advice! I'm glad I moved it up and am keeping this date because I just got a 77 and 96th percentile/high passing chance in my last uworld assessment! I feel ready - been studying my weak areas (pharm, OB) and doing better on my uworld tests. I'm more excited than nervous now!

I agree that you should move it up. You have all of your weaknesses covered and your scores are indicative of a high competency level. Good luck!

I took my exam today and it shut off at 75 questions!!! I had about 3 SATA's for every 1 multiple choice question. My exam was heavy in OB/newborn, pediatrics, psych, and medications. I had about 3 ECG strips, 3 priority questions, 1 order question, 1 drug calc, no audio, no hotspot.

I had a lot of questions asking what would the nurse question or clarify with the HCP for, concerning medications with patient med list, lab values and nurse's notes, what would the nurse correct a UAP or new nurse doing, what patient should a nurse who floated from another floor be assigned to, and I had an emergency disaster question. Hopefully I can share that I've passed soon!

ive been questioning if the u world assessment scores were a good indicator or not but they seem to be.. did good on the first one with a higj chance of passing 53 and that was not answering 11 since i ran out of time. i just read on u world that as of last year now on nclex sata can be all right or just one answer..?! did anyone else know this??

+ Add a Comment