Big move after graduation

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello Allnurses,

First time i have posted in awhile but i have a few questions. I am going to be relocating to Houston Texas in 7 months. I am looking to work per diem at a facility and i will do 12s , 16s, or nights. Very open with my schedule i wanted to see what reccommendations to hospitals in the Houston area that others would reccommend. I have 2 years as an LPN, 6 years as a EMT, worked as a cardiac monitor technician, nusing assistant, as well as the service. I will have my BSN shortly and will take my NCLEX ASAP. I am looking at going back to school for FNP or NA after i take the GRE. I would like to work at a facility that would assist me with additional schooling and be understanding of my continuing education. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you & God bless.

-C

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.

If you are looking to work as an RN and a new grad, you will find the Houston area is extremely competitive when it comes to new grad RN jobs. Your prior experience in other healthcare roles may give you a slight advantage, but be prepared to encounter a tight competitive market. Also, I would not mention in your interview that you want to go back to school - most facilities do not want to worry about working around your school schedule and wouldn't want to hire/train you just for you to leave the company in a couple years when you are done with school.

+ Add a Comment