Using School Computer

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nursing.

Hello Fellow School Nurses ! Just curious if you use your school computer for reading and posting things on AN during working hours ? If so, has anyone called you down on this ? What was the outcome ?

Specializes in School Nurse.

I figure this is "professional education." It's rare I get to do it, but I wouldn't let the fear of someone catching me be an issue.

It's not like I'm doing personal shooping or Media or facebook

No. Doubtful someone would check on us, but if they we could be reprimanded.

I figure this is "professional education." It's rare I get to do it, but I wouldn't let the fear of someone catching me be an issue.

It's not like I'm doing personal shooping or Media or facebook

Please tell me you're joking.

Specializes in kids.

I use it all day and it is my sounding board, my "nurses station" so to speak. My IT admin also knows how hard I work when kids are in the building. No issues for me.

Of course I visit this site on my work computer as well as other sites, however I do my job really well. This is an excuse that admin uses when they are looking in to questioning your work or looking for an excuse to terminate employment.

Can you imagine being told you can't charge your cell phone on the job? Fine, then the owner of the cell phone will stop taking work-related calls during the time they can't charge their cell phone. Hmm, wonder what the person did for the boss to bring that one up?

Specializes in ED, School Nurse.

I post and look during work hours. That's the only time I am actually on a computer. I have gotten some really good, close to real-time advice from this site regarding caring for my students. I am on a teacher's contract, and teachers get a scheduled lunch break AND a planning block. I don't get that during the day, so I count the time I spend on here as part of my lunch or "planning block" when I need a break for few minutes or have to ask a question pertaining to care for my students.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I'm online ALL the time. Especially on AN when I need to ask for something.

+ Add a Comment