Took NCLEX...80 Questions

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Hi all,

So I finally took my NCLEX today at 8 am. I initially felt really good in the beginning of the exam, almost every other question was a SATA and I had a few in a row plus some put in order questions. And then the worst happened - the questions began to feel too easy, the SATA stopped around question 60 and I began to panic.

Once I got to 76 I took a short break to go to the bathroom, I came back and answered 4 more questions - I remember one of them was related to ambulating a client and the other was identifying a delusion based on a client statement. Then the test shut off at question 80.

Needless to say, I don't feel good at all. Most of the time I felt like I was answering blindly, I encountered meds and procedures I didn't recognize. At this point I'm almost 100% sure I failed. I don't even have the courage to check the PVT.

Thank you so much!

Congrats!

You're welcome! Honestly I feel like UWorld is the BEST resource out there right now. It is literally the NCLEX bible. I just checked my BON's website and it's official! I PASSED! I can finally say I'm a registered nurse :)

OMG congrats!!!! :up: I took mine last Friday and still waiting (no quick results in CA :( ).... i didn't do the PVT, too scared!!! lol

please send me some positive vibes!! :laugh:

Specializes in Nephrology Home Therapies, Wound Care, Foot Care..

I had 75 questions, last few seemed easier, had probably 85% or more SATA, got good pop-up and passed! Been an RN for a year now, just got B AS N, starting CWOCN IN August!

Congrats! I passed last month myself. I know how hard it is.

Congrats! How did you study? Any advice? Taking mine next week.

Congrats! How did you study? Any advice? Taking mine next week.

My school offered a HESI exam, which I did well on. I took the in person Kaplan course and did 200 questions a day for three weeks. It shut off at 75 questions. Maybe a third was SATA, one med calc so easy I didn't need to bother with the calculator, and maybe another third were prioritization questions. I walked out not knowing how I did. My state website had my license number listed 8 hours before the quick results were available. If only I came here sooner to find out about the PVT. Best of luck to you. :)

Thank you and congrats again!

Specializes in Psychiatry/Mental Health.

Yes!!! Congratulations!

OMG congrats!!!! :up: I took mine last Friday and still waiting (no quick results in CA :( ).... i didn't do the PVT, too scared!!! lol

please send me some positive vibes!! :laugh:

Definitely sending you some good vibes and lots of prayers! I'm sure you will rock the exam next week :) Just keep studying and doing practice questions!

Thank you so much to everyone else! It feels so so so good to finally have that weight lifted off my shoulders. I can finally enjoy my two weeks off before starting my new position in the NICU!

Congrats h ow did u study u world .I m a working women.how much was ur scores when u did it.me too doing .it was 40-50 (38 %).

Is there any questions from uworkd at the real nclex exam.

Thanks

Congrats h ow did u study u world .I m a working women.how much was ur scores when u did it.me too doing .it was 40-50 (38 %).

Is there any questions from uworkd at the real nclex exam.

Thanks

I studied for about 5 weeks, doing anywhere from 100-200 questions per day on UWorld. I made a Word doc of all the rationales I didn't fully understand and went back through them before testing. I finished the entire bank about two weeks before my test and went over the incorrect questions as well. I hope that helps! Good luck to you! :)

+ Add a Comment