I-140 sent, now what?

World Immigration

Published

Specializes in ICU.

Hi,My I-140 has been sent in by the agency and I'm wondering what's next? I was told about the police checks and medical .What are some of the things I should be doing now to speed things up later? Any tips would be appreciated.

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Once approved you then wait for interview date once PD (date approved) becomes current. Otherwise it is just a case of waiting.

Specializes in ICU.

Thanks for that, there is a lot of waiting during this process isn't there? I guess I'll just make sure my immunisations are done while I wait. Thanks Silverdragon. Any other info would be appreciated.í ½í¸€

Specializes in Telemetry, Emergency, Cardiology, Respiratory.
Thanks for that, there is a lot of waiting during this process isn't there? I guess I'll just make sure my immunisations are done while I wait. Thanks Silverdragon. Any other info would be appreciated.������

Don't do your immunisations now. They will do it at your medical exam. They may or may NOT accept immunisations done from a non-approved health provider so to be absolutely certain, just wait until you have your medical exam. They can give you all the vaccines you need.

Specializes in ICU.

Thanks for this. I hope I'm not going to need too many. I'll just wait then.

Specializes in ICU.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea how long its taking to get your I140 approved these days? That's if I get it approved. Just to have an idea of how long to wait for a PD.

Specializes in Acute and Critical Care.

You need to wait for your I-140 to get approved and that could take 15 days (premium) or a couple of months, seeing that you're from the GB. After approval your case will be sent to National Visa Center and you can expect to wait upto 12 weeks before the next step. They will send you the fee bill which needs to be paid before you'll be provided with the visa application and required to submit civil documents as well. Once your case is complete in a couple of weeks to a month, your case will be further transferred to your local embassy which will schedule your interview in 2 weeks to a month and a month in advance.

For my colleagues the whole process from petition to traveling has taken an average of 9 months but I know some of them had unnecessary or voluntary delays (like postponing traveling date) of up to 2 months.

You can definitely make sure you have all the vaccinations: MMR, varicella (or history of chickenpox), and Tdap (within 10 years). You need to get IgG titers for MMR and varicella and hepatitis B antibodies, even though hepatitis B vaccine is not required by immigration. You also need a Mantoux test (clarify if you've ever had BCG vaccine) and a physical statement from your PCP 90-120 prior to travel.

You'll need 2 + 6 passport photos for the medical exam and the exit interview but these can be taken only 6 months prior.

You'll also need the 1949 International Driver's License but this is valid for 1 year only, so make sure to order this at the right time.

Make sure to save money and follow the exchange rate trends so you can get dollars at the right moment. You'll need a couple of hundred of dollars in cash in order to open a bank account and more to get a secured credit card if applicable.

I hope this helps!

Specializes in ICU.

Thank you for the information Spidersweb. I can get started on the vaccines with my GP ,make sure my shots are in my medical records and are up to date.

Thanks for the probable timeline as well.

+ Add a Comment