Shouldn't Have Gone Down that Rabbit Hole ...

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in M/S, LTC, Corrections, PDN & drug rehab.

So I saw a post in one of my nursing Facebook groups promoting a "fast" and "cheap" RN program. Also stated that the Pell Grant would cover the cost. Yeah, you guys know what ya girl did! lol. I jumped on that thread fast and threw some facts in on 'em. I quickly searched the program to see if it was accredited, it wasn't. So I tried to tell people that and the fact that not everyone will qualify for a Pell Grant. Then I was quickly blocked from that post, so then I started my own! LOL!

If all of these people, or a majority of these people, are nurses I never want to go to a hospital or clinic ever again! These people were arguing with me that this school WAS accredited. No girl, just no. I showed them a picture from the ACEN website that showed only TWO schools. These people were SO dumb that they said, "That's not the name of the school". Yeah, I know! That's.The.Point! Those are the only TWO ACEN accredited schools.

Theeeeen people STILL tried arguing with me and posted photos from the state's BON website. No people, just NO! That's BON approval, NOT accreditation!

I don't understand how soo many nurses can be THAT stupid.

Whelp... they aren't nurse yet

Whelp... they aren't nurse yet

No! Some of them WERE! That's the scary part! Some of them were LVNs!!!!

Yaa...Fakebook disciples again...but No worries, they'll be coming over this way to cry and whine soon enough...Put out the cheese we'll be meeting them soon...

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
So I saw a post in one of my nursing Facebook groups promoting a "fast" and "cheap" RN program.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27082[/ATTACH]

Speaking of nursing programs, I found this which kind of sums up accredited ones:

attachment.php?attachmentid=27083&stc=1

Yaa...Fakebook disciples again...but No worries, they'll be coming over this way to cry and whine soon enough...Put out the cheese we'll be meeting them soon...

Lol. Unfortunately, I have to behave over here. Boo! Lol.

Speaking of nursing programs, I found this which kind of sums up accredited ones:

attachment.php?attachmentid=27083&stc=1

Oh DaveyDo, you never fail to disappoint! Lol!

Unfortunately, I have to behave over here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27084[/ATTACH]

I agree with you on the accreditation thing, but my Pell Grant more than covered my tuition and books when I did my ASN. I even ended up with usually about $200 extra dollars. The community college I attended was super cheap but it's one of the most respected programs in my area.

Specializes in school nurse.
No! Some of them WERE! That's the scary part! Some of them were LVNs!!!!

Well, as is becoming more and more common in our country, many people don't let facts dissuade them from their beliefs...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27084[/ATTACH]

I LOVE NCIS! thank you for the pic! I miss DiNozzo on that show so much :(

+ Add a Comment