Nursing schools in Massachusetts?

U.S.A. Massachusetts

Published

1. Are my stats competitive?

Yes
      Maybe
      No

1 member has participated

Hi so I am a student from California who finished 3 years of college. I've been applying for a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing for the past 2 cycles and I've been rejected from all the schools I've apply to (all in California) so now I'm trying to expand my search since I feel like I'm wasting my time as a newly switched Health Science major student.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me schools to look into in Massachusetts.

These are the stats for the pre-requisites for Californian schools (i don't know if it's the same for schools in Massachusetts):

My science GPA (anatomy & physiology, microbiology, chem): 3.15

My non science GPA (english, communication, psychology, philosophy, statistics): 3.48

Current overall GPA: 3.59

TEAS: 86.7

HESI: 86.7

Specializes in ED, Pedi Vasc access, Paramedic serving 6 towns.

Hi,

Your GPA is low, thus you will have trouble getting into most nursing schools since the competition is fierce. I would find a way to get your GPA up, and then try again. Also MA state schools give priority to MA residence, so I believe you would have to be a resident for at least a year before being treated the same

Annie

Hi Annie,

Thank you for responding! I'm trying to look around at different out of state places I could have a chance of getting into; I guess Massachusetts is just as competitive as California is.

Specializes in ED, Pedi Vasc access, Paramedic serving 6 towns.

Yes, I think you will honestly find that in all states.

Annie

Would you be interested in ADN programs? BTW I don’t think a 3.59 is low! I live in CA and have been to 2 nursing schools here in the past…It is much more difficult now than in the past to get in. I am from Boston and it’s not as impacted as CA! CA does point system now making it even harder. Lots of schools in Worcester/Framingham area. Good luck 

+ Add a Comment