CCRN/CMC

Specialties Critical

Published

hello..just wondering if any one knows of good resources to study for the CCRN and CMC exam? Books, videos, etc?

Thanks

I took a class from Nicole Kupchik, she was amazing! She has her own books now and I would get them.

But I also used Laura Gasparis questions book, which were very similar to the actual test.

Specializes in ICU, CVICU, E.R..

I took the CMC literally 3 weeks after I passed the CCRN with no extra books or reading material other than the ones I was already using. Passed the CCRN with a score of 111 (passing I think was 91), but my CMC I passed it only by 2 points and just shook my head in disbelief.

I studied CCRN using Pass CCRN questions( reading the book will really take your time, I honestly just studied using their questions). Also, laura gasparis helped me although some people say that it;s not updated anymore.

Did you take it yet?

If not I used the review videos/powerpoint presentation you can buy when you register to take the test. They were okay. Pricey for what you get. I just watched those over a few months and then read the barrons book in two days (didn't do the practice questions so it is doable in two days) then took it the next day.

It really isn't that bad. I actually had several questions that gave away answers to other questions which tells me that test isn't written that hardcore and if you are a decent test taker then you will do great. The NCLEX was 10 times worse.

Also it is worth noting, I don't have a ton of experience been a nurse for 1.5 years and only on the ICU so it is not like I have a amazing background that got me that score. Basically what I am getting at is the barrons book is great and don't study too much because it is easier then you think. Instead, spend that extra time studying topics that will most benefit you at your workplace and your weaknesses of course.

Specializes in ICU.

Hey! When I first started in ICU, I watched Laura Gasparis' videos as well as icufaqs.org(outdated but really enjoyable reads). Once I was about 6 months in, I used the CCRN review powerpoints/videos through the AACN website as well as Barron's CCRN Exam book from Amazon. The CCRN went pretty smoothly! Once I passed that, I started studying for CMC. I used the book from Amazon called CMC Exam Secrets. It helped but also had a good amount of errors in the book and miscommunication. Passed CMC by a handful of questions but wow was that one more difficult in its knowledge to test basis. Hope this can help a little!

+ Add a Comment