Can I still get into Nursing Program? (Rising Senior in HS)

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Rising Senior in HS here. Want to get into Nursing Program from Illinois State University but unsure if I can get into the program due to low GPA and ACT score

Freshman1st sem: 3.75 unweighted

Freshman2nd sem:3.61 unweighted

Sophomore 1st sem:3.95 unweighted

Sophomore 2nd sem: 3.95 unweighted

Junior 1st sem: 3.5 unweighted

Junior 2nd sem: 3.56 unweighted

Total cumulative GPA: 3.75 UW

For APs, I only took AP Calc and AP stat both of which I got 4 on.

also, I have a W on AP chem which was an administrator mistake but it will be on the record regardless

My ACT score is 27 (super score 28)

I might be able to score 29 or 30 since I have been practicing a lot.

For Extracurricular, I was in Math tutoring help team and math team. Also, I was in science olympiad, but then I have moved to another town in junior year so I have had to start all over again. The thing is that I have recently decided to go to Nursing School during my Junior year. (Wanted to become a Math Teacher). I don't want to get into too many details but I had to take a year off from school due to illness(I am almost recovered now). During that period, it really made me want to become a nurse.

Specializes in Addictions, psych, corrections, transfers.

I don't see why not. You should do come research into programs near you and see what they require. There are plenty of programs that you can choose if you don't meet other program requirements. I never took the ACT or SAT because I think standardized tests are crap. I went to a community college, then went to a trusted vocational school without any waiting list. There are many ways to get a nursing degree but you are going to have to research and you may have to relocate depending on what you have available in your area.

+ Add a Comment