MCPHS Worcester ABSN Spring 2019

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi everyone!

I was recently accepted to MCPHS Worcester for their Spring 2019 ABSN cohort. I wanted to connect with any other prospective students to see what their living plan is going to be. I live about 1 hour and 15 minutes away and not sure if I should live on campus or not.

Also are there any current students that can tell me what the program is like/what to expect?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance @emtant8.

I recently applied for the Spring 2019 cohort through the NursingCAS portal. Can you please advise me on tour stats so I know where I stand?! Also, when did you submit your application and when did you reveive your acceptance letter?! Thanks in advance...

Hi @Anrumitch! So I had a mixture of A's and B's with a cum GPA of 3.3. Not the best stats as far as grades go but I have a lot of patient care experience working in a hospital and working as an EMT which I think helped my application. I applied through the MCPHS portal so I don't know how different that is from NursingCAS but my application was shown as complete on May 24th and exactly 3 weeks later my status on the portal changed to accepted. I'm still waiting for my acceptance package in the mail. Hope this helps and best of luck! Hope to see you as one of my classmates!

Thanks for the info @emtant8 Same here!!! My science GPA is about 3.2 with an overall undergrad GPA around 3.6.

I also have a lot of patient care experience as a medical case manager (over 5 years). As far as the application, I was told to do it through the nursing CAS. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a positive outcome.

Hello everyone and congrats to all who have already been accepted! I am finishing up my application for Spring 2019 through nursing CAS and have a few questions. For those who have been accepted already, what kind of financial aid/ scholarship package did you receive? I am currently 21 years old and "independent" for tax purposes with very little income. Also, what was your GPA/experience like when applying? I graduated with a BS in biology/minor in chemistry in May 2018 with a 3.76 cGPA and from the honors program. In terms of healthcare experience, I did a volunteer internship at a nursing home where I acquired 100+ hours of volunteering/observing various nurses (LPN, CNA, RN, and NP's). I currently volunteer at a reputable hospital, but aside from that, I don't have much experience. I was a TA for many classes and was involved in undergraduate biochemistry research and completed a thesis. I'm hoping my grades/involvement in my undergrad career can make up for my lack of experience. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi everyone, I just recently received an acceptance email from MCPHS although it does not state what program. I only applied to the ABSN program so I'm assuming that's what the acceptance is for. Can anyone else tell me if they received a similar email?

Congratulations on your acceptance @Emelyg85!

I submitted my application end of May, and I still haven't received any answer yet. Did you apply through the NursingCAS or through the MCPHS portal? Let me know please! Also, can you give us an idea about your stats? Thanks!

Thank you! I applied through the MCPHS portal. My science and overall gpa are 3.0 ( I messed up a lot during my diet two years of undergrad). I applied to the program last year but got waitlisted and then I re-applied in March of this year and just received my acceptance through email last night.

anyone else hear back? I applied on NursingCAS and was told my admissions they received everything, however another person from admissions emailed me 3 weeks later saying he does not see that I applied... I hope everything goes right, MCPHS and MGH IHP is my top choices

MCPHS just updated their portal, I got rejected :(

Hello!

I just applied through NursingCAS but I've been reading previous comments that y'all applied through the MCPHS portal?

Which is it? Should I do both just in case?

Hope to hear from someone soon! :)

edit!

+ Add a Comment