NCLEX Nerves-Advice appreciated

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read my post :)

I graduated nursing school in the middle of May and have completed Virtual ATI. Our school drilled ATI down our throats so I was using that as my primary study tool. I received my "Green Light" June 1st and have been doing some of the review assessments that they recommend. I'm scoring around 76-85% on those review assessments. I scored an 80% on the Comprehensive Predictor with VATI which gives me a 99% of passing.

Since June 2nd, I began using UWorld to study because I've heard awesome things about it and honestly I think it will reduce test day nerves since it's set up like the NCLEX. I've been scoring around 66%-70% on the tests with the QBank.

I just received my ATT today and I'm taking my NCLEX next week! Since scheduling my date, I'm a bag of nerves. I'm still going through the UWorld Qbank and doing some random assessments on ATI. I guess I'm feeling Thursday is too soon but I feel like with my scores I'm ready.

Does anyone have any advice on how to alleviate some of the nervousness I'm feeling? I really want to go into the test center knowing "I've got this."

So I just passed NCLEX in 75 questions a few days ago and, similar to you, my ATI predictor put me at a 97% chance of passing, and I practiced every question on UWORLD and averaged ~65% on the UWORLD tests. So if I passed in 75, I know you will crush it since you are scoring even higher!

My biggest piece of advice: DO NOT PANIC WHEN THE QUESTIONS ARE EXTREMELY HARD. I'm not joking when I say that I was having to make educated guesses on 90% of the questions. You are going to feel like you are failing the exam bad, but DON'T PANIC! You are getting the hardest questions because you are doing well! I know people who get so worked up in the middle of the exam and it throws them off. Stay calm and answer each question the best you can. Good luck, I know you will do great and make a follow-up post when you crush this exam in 75 :)

So I just passed NCLEX in 75 questions a few days ago and, similar to you, my ATI predictor put me at a 97% chance of passing, and I practiced every question on UWORLD and averaged ~65% on the UWORLD tests. So if I passed in 75, I know you will crush it since you are scoring even higher!

My biggest piece of advice: DO NOT PANIC WHEN THE QUESTIONS ARE EXTREMELY HARD. I'm not joking when I say that I was having to make educated guesses on 90% of the questions. You are going to feel like you are failing the exam bad, but DON'T PANIC! You are getting the hardest questions because you are doing well! I know people who get so worked up in the middle of the exam and it throws them off. Stay calm and answer each question the best you can. Good luck, I know you will do great and make a follow-up post when you crush this exam in 75 :)

Damn bro was it that hard? lol i am scoring 62 percent overall with 200 questions left. That is scary, what was hard about it? SATA, Priority, Delegation? I am so nervous, my uworld self assessment was 73 percent at 94 percentile which boosted my confidence, after hearing this info, sure is scary.

Thanks for the advice! My nerves always get the best of me so I'm trying to relax and have that positive attitude. I think deep down I'm a little scared to take my RN boards because I failed my PN boards the first time (to be fair I was out of school for a long time when I took my PN boards the first time).

Do you have any advice on how to study? I've been just focusing on doing UWorld and ATI. My plan was to take the UWorld self assessment tomorrow around the time I would be taking my NCLEX, focus on my weak areas, then practice questions up until Wednesday afternoon. I wasn't planning on doing any Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

+ Add a Comment