CHPN EXAM

Specialties Hospice

Published

I am going to be taking the CHPN exam end of June and I have used the CHPN secrets to exam with 150 questions to use as a study guide. Does anyone feel there is one better book to read than another? There are so many out there online!!!! I also purchased the Core Corriculum Hospice and Palliative Registered Nurse book from HPNA but have not started to study yet.

I only used two books: The Core Curriculum book and another one published by HPNA that only had questions and case studies. I passed this month. To be honest, I didn't study a ton. I would say know your med conversions for sure, disease presentations, and symptom mgmt. The rest is self-evident.

Specializes in hospice.

Core Curriculum and the book with test questions are the basis for the test. I'd go with that.

Has anyone used an app to study from? There are a few available on the iPhone but most have no reviews available.

I just passed using an iPhone app for $6.99. It is called CPHN Exam Prep. TONS of questions.

I bought the iPhone app ($6.99) and it was very buggy, full of badly formatted or incomprehensible questions, and had very poor answer rationales. It was not worth the money. Then I tried Mometrix's CHPN Practice Question Sets (Set 1 and Set 2) for Kindle ($9.99 each). Set 1 was well worth the money - great questions that looked like the actual exam, excellent answer rationales. Set 2 was not worth buying - poorly written questions and answer rationales that were contradictory, both internally and externally when compared with the HPNA Core Curriculum book, which is the foundation for the CHPN exam. I was glad I bought the HPNA Core Curriculum book (though it was expensive) and the Kindle Set 1 (very reasonably priced), but not the Kindle Set 2 or the iPhone app. Other nursing colleagues recommend the CHPN Exam Secrets Study Guide by Mometrix, but I wasn't sure it was worth spending $50 on.

+ Add a Comment