Nclex was awful

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

So I took the nclex at 8 am. I was using U world for the past 3 weeks, took the self assessment on saturday and got a high chance of passing. When I started U world, I thought the questions were really hard!, but i got better at it. During the Nclex I was praying for the same questions from Uworld. I took 75 questions, and ended with a sata. about halfway through the test, I felt like it got a little easier, which is opposite of what most people say. I have no idea whether I passed or not, except I did do the PVT and got the good pop up. I just want to say it was the worst test I have ever taken. The questions seemed real vague. not a clear cut test that i'm use to. It was very random. So lets just hope I passed, cus I dont feel like I did.

Specializes in med surg.

Also, there were two questions about post Mortem care. I don't recall one question about post mortem in UWorld.

I've come across two questions on Uworld covering postmortem care thus far. I'm glad to hear that something from Uworld appeared on your NCLEX! Makes me feel A LITTLE less nervous ;)

I just had a postmortem care question on uworld today, it had a diagram of everything you're supposed to do, like d/c all the lines, insert dentures before rigor mortis sets in, etc. It was a a question about what kind of tasks would you delegate to an UAP.

Does anyone know if PVT works on weekends? My test is on a Saturday so I was wondering when can I safely try the PVT.

Specializes in med surg.

I guess I didn't get through enough of the questions for one to pop up for me. I am glad you guys did, I was stumped and probablly answered that one wrong. couldn't for the life of me decide what to do with the dentures. Just be prepared that the questions are not as detailed as the U world questions.

Thank you! In fairness to you, I believe this was one of the questions they added in the last few days, I noticed it popped up as one of the "unanswered" questions in my question bank after I finished it.

Yes, I heard that this was the case //// uworld gives so much info in the actual question, many times you can kinda figure out what they are after. Would you say uworld still prepared you, overall?

Specializes in med surg.

Yes absolutely. The rationals give you a lot of knowledge. As for the pvt trick I would imagine it always works. Just wait till you get the email that you have finished the test.

Thank you - and congratulations! :)

I took the NCLEX yesterday and I agree, it was terrible!! I used UWorld for about 2 months and I felt like that didnt help at all because there was things and diseases on that test that I've never heard of before. I did the PVT and I got the good pop up so hopefully that means I passed. I wont know until maybe tomorrow!! Fingers crossed

Agree. I did about 4000 practice questions between Hurst and Uworld and I thought I was very well versed in all subject matters. My NCLEX was vague and I had a lot of obscure stuff. I could always get down to two answers on multiple choice and then it was educated guessing all the way. I felt calm during the test, so I thought I was doing ok, but I honestly did not know if I passed or failed. I passed in 75 Q.

Good luck. Everyone I know who stopped at 75Q passed. Almost all of them said their test was similar to mine and all of us graduated with honors and are sigma theta tau members. My prof said the test seeks out your ability level and if you pass at 75 you are answering questions at a significantly higher standard than the passing standard. So, I guess it makes sense the questions were obscure.

umm, so I had my test today and I absolutely agree with you, it was absolutely terrible (((( ....it shut off at 75, and at least half of my test was sata. I did quite well on uworld, both of my assessments gave me a "very high chance of passing" but when I got to the actual test, I felt like I might have as well not studied at all.

umm, so I had my test today and I absolutely agree with you, it was absolutely terrible (((( ....it shut off at 75, and at least half of my test was sata. I did quite well on uworld, both of my assessments gave me a "very high chance of passing" but when I got to the actual test, I felt like I might have as well not studied at all.

did you pass? did you get the good PVT?

did you pass? did you get the good PVT?
hi, I decided not to do the pvt - the more I think about my answers though, the more I am convinced Ididnt make it. I'm absolutely devastated.
+ Add a Comment