From psych to neurocritical care

Specialties Neurological

Published

Hey guys! I'm about to transfer from psych to ncc. I'll be doing an ICU internship. However, in the mean time, I was curious if any of you know of any good reads out there? I would much rather prefer a book that's more entertaining conversational style type read, than the basic text book type material... hopefully that makes sense. Anyways, thanks for any recommendations!

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
Hey guys! I'm about to transfer from psych to ncc. I'll be doing an ICU internship. However, in the mean time, I was curious if any of you know of any good reads out there? I would much rather prefer a book that's more entertaining conversational style type read, than the basic text book type material... hopefully that makes sense. Anyways, thanks for any recommendations!

ICU.faqs is an entertaining read and still fairly useful. I haven't checked in awhile, but if the web site is still up, check them out. You'll also want to be able to read rhythm strips, so the ACLS manual is a decent place to start. Or you could just check in with all your friends and family and enjoy their company now because once you start your new job, you'll be studying at home a lot. Congratulations on the new job!

Hello I’m am currently switch from psych to Neuro as well! How do you like it so far? Any advice? Thanks!

Hey All, I just saw this post so hoping you're still following. Wondering how you made the switch from psych to neuro? I've been working in psych for the last two months and I love it, but neuro is also a passion of mine and would like to work in neurosurgery or neuro icu at some point.

+ Add a Comment