MultiCare RN residency 2018

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Has anyone done the RN residency with MultiCare health at Tacoma General Hospital or Allenmore Hospital, I have an interview with both but wanted to know how others liked their residency program?

I'm in the residency program at Tacoma General and I like it so far. It's 12 weeks so it is kind of fast-paced, but I think that's a good thing! It is full time didactic training, so you will have classes and unit days during the week, but will not exceed 40 hrs/week. I'm in the NICU and I think my educator is really helpful and my preceptors are great. The staff really try to match your personality with the right preceptor.

Thanks so much! I had a phone interview and the way the guy explained the program to me was really interesting and exactly what I'm looking for.

Hey guys, I applied for the October cohort for postpartum as first choice. About how long do they get back for an interview? I'm really interested.

I got a call back amount a month after I submitted my application for an interview and then a few weeks later they called me again to tell me I got the positon

Wow it sounds like they take quite a while to interview and longer to make an offer. Did you end up accepting? If so, what unit do you work for and how do you like it so far?

I got a call back amount a month after I submitted my application for an interview and then a few weeks later they called me again to tell me I got the positon
On 6/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, m.lorieann said:

I'm in the residency program at Tacoma General and I like it so far. It's 12 weeks so it is kind of fast-paced, but I think that's a good thing! It is full time didactic training, so you will have classes and unit days during the week, but will not exceed 40 hrs/week. I'm in the NICU and I think my educator is really helpful and my preceptors are great. The staff really try to match your personality with the right preceptor.

Thank you for sharing! This is very helpful.

Did you sign a contract to stay after residency? how long?

Tnx a lot!

On 8/24/2018 at 7:11 PM, nurse.san said:

Wow it sounds like they take quite a while to interview and longer to make an offer. Did you end up accepting? If so, what unit do you work for and how do you like it so far?

How's your Residency program?

How is the learning environment and the people?

+ Add a Comment