Nurse Entrepreneur

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in Critical Care.

How can a Nurse become an entrepreneur, utilizing his or her knowledge, experience, technical, and social skills.

Some of you may know that for a very long time I've been wanting to focus on wellness.

A part of me believes I can't do much until I get my NP cert but another part of me believes I can do something NOW.

How can I be an independent health coach? My mom is a massage therapist. I've thought about "wellness spa", and incorporating her into my business. I also have a coworker whom is ready to jump on the bandwagon and invest and do this.

There is an entrepreneurial spirit within me but idk where to start! I have the gist of what I want to bring society but not quite sure how.

I've thought about first offering my services for free to friends and family. Sitting down with my client for a good hour to hour and half while we discuss their concerns. Soemthing extremely holistic.

Assessing their sleep, nutrition, exercise, and overall happiness.

This is something that really passions me and drives me.

There is so much information out there a lot supplements, essential oils, skin care, nutrition, and exercise.

The truth is we are all different and have different lifestyles and deserve a unique and compassionate coach to guide us and listen to us. I want to be that person. I want to help those who want to be helped. I am tired of wasting my lungs and energy somewhere that people don't care to help themselves.

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).

As any successful entrepreneur will tell you, running with a initial partially formulated idea is not a good practice. You need to develop a solid business plan. Something that you can take to banks, lenders, venture capitalists and really sell the value of your idea. I myself am full of great ideas but have trouble with the planning end of things. Good luck to you

Hppy

Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.

CardiacDork, you seem to lack focus. You seem to flit from idea to idea. How long have you been a nurse?

CardiacDork, if you wish to discuss my comments on this thread, please do it here. I don't engage in argument or debate via PM.

Klone you are clearly inciting drama by making comments such as your first one. Furthermore your need for the drama is reflected in your desire to avoid any private discussions about your comments.

Specializes in kids.

Google Wendy Wright APRN, she's got game!

Specializes in Critical Care and ED.

It's been a dream of mine to own a menopause practice specializing in bioidentical hormones. There's only a couple in my state and they are always booked up for months ahead. They're all private, no insurance, and bring in quite a bit of revenue. I have a genuine interest in it but I'd have to get some experience in that field which isn't easy to do as I work in critical care. Still...maybe one day

I have no need or craving for drama. I was simply commenting on the fact that in the year I've noticed your posts, I've seen you state you want to be a CRNA, then an NP, then own a wellness business. My understanding was that you have not been a nurse for very long, so I was attempting to make a suggestion that maybe this possible lack of clear direction or focus could be due to your relative newness as a nurse, and that if you wait on any longterm career decisions until you've been a nurse longer, you may have a better idea of where you want your future to go.

I have no need or craving for drama. I was simply commenting on the fact that in the year I've noticed your posts, I've seen you state you want to be a CRNA, then an NP, then own a wellness business. My understanding was that you have not been a nurse for very long, so I was attempting to make a suggestion that maybe this possible lack of clear direction or focus could be due to your relative newness as a nurse, and that if you wait on any longterm career decisions until you've been a nurse longer, you may have a better idea of where you want your future to go.

The CRNA was one thing. The next was NP, but that has always been tied into wellness. Those are not two separate items, per se. I want to be independent eventually. I've been a nurse for a little over 4 years and what I DO know is that critical care has taught me that I want to work more in the community, prevention, wellness, and so forth.

I left the CRNA path a long time ago. The NP path was always focused on a wellness approach with the ultimate goal of owning my own wellness establishment.

I was brainstorming wellness coach ideas until I reach the NP destination because upon doing research, these wellness coaches do exist. Where they have clients whom they guide on ways to improve quality of life and wellness, focusing in on nutrition, sleep, exercise, and recreational activities.

+ Add a Comment