How I passed AANP FNP certification exam.

I graduated from Chamberlain University, an online based program last 04/21/18 for my MSN-FNP. I studied with my full effort and focus and didn’t work or did any family events from May 14 to May 24. I took my boards May 25th and passed with one take. Nursing Students NP Students Article

How I passed AANP FNP certification exam.

I graduated from Chamberlain University, an online based program last 04/21/18 for my MSN-FNP. I studied with my full effort and focus and didn't work or did any family events from May 14 to May 24. I took my boards May 25th and passed with one take.

School gave us APEA Qbank while we were in school. We also did APEA predictor exam which I scored 74. We had APEA CE center videos which we watched the entirety as a school requirement. We did a live review in Chicago under Amellie Hollier APEA on the end of our program.

Leik Questions

I went on vacation after school, then started seriously studying on May 14. I read the entirety of the Leik book except just browsed through the professional issues chapter. I did maybe 3-5 chapters a day and I think I really somewhat rushed through it. I did all the questions at the back of the book which I did 150 questions each day starting on the 5th day of my serious review. I averaged about 80-84% when I was doing those questions. The Leik questions are also somewhat comparable to the real exam.

I bought the Fitzgerald review book but only read one chapter and gave up, because people who have taken the exam before said we only need Leik. I couldn't agree more, Leik is golden.

APEA Predictor Exam

I thought of rewatching all the CE center videos of Amellie but didn't have time. So, I browsed/skimmed through again the APEA binder given on the live review course.

I want to check how likely I'm going to pass, and was of course very nervous on my decision to take the exam after only about 10 days of serious review. I bought APEA predictor exam which was one time for $30. I got 74, and felt a little more confident. The APEA predictor exam we did while I was in school felt like a 100% harder than when I took it this time.

Exam Edge vs Board Vitals

I want to test myself again, so thought of buying Exam Edge vs Board Vitals. Based on posts here in allnurses.com Exam Edge is better. I bought the exam edge 5 tests for $50. My scores were 68, 84, 65, 82, then 76 over 100. I answered 1-2 sets a day on the last 4-5 days of my serious review. I also considered and factored in the time I took those tests, my focus level, and my distraction level. I can say the 84 and 82 was when I took it in the morning, and the 60s when I took it after a whole day of doing review and practice questions. In the end, I decided to keep my schedule for the exam and proceed with doing it. I thought to myself, if I fail, I can always take it again.

Of course, I prayed a lot, I prayed hard. Thank you Lord.

The exam in summary can be comparable to the APEA predictor, and maybe a bit easier. Leik questions is easier than the real exam though. The exam edge can help you think, but they also have very stupid questions, like you refer someone to cardiology for their - heart or kidney or brain or skin or whatever.

The exam for surely will have a test of knowledge or memorizing which antibiotic to be given for this condition. Some will be basic, some will involve a lot of elimination strategy to get the probably correct answer. For which elimination can't be done correctly if you don't know what to eliminate and why.

The exam was 3 hours 150 questions. I marked about 60 questions that I was in doubt of. After rereading the 60 questions, I brought it down to 19 questions where I can't decide between two answer choices. Then in the end I said I just need to decide and move on. Then submitted it. Got the preliminary result: PASSED.

Good luck guys. Cheering for you. You can do it.

Thanks for reading.

1 Article   48 Posts

Thanks for posting!)

I just passed AGPCP NP from University of South Florida DNP program AG /oncology, Absolutely agree, in fact just posted that Leik is the way... Fitzgerald... I did her webinar, and have to say I got a little tired of hearing how simply awesome she was, and how many awards she had, and how she was always top achiever.

Took Leik review in march, then redid it weekend before boards, and passed first time.

Check out @CertificationNp on twitter for practice questions and topic discussions that will be developed by members. This is geared towards fnp/acnp but can be for any specialty and based on demand. Absolutely no copy right violations please...as professionals we will not discuss actual exam questions. It's new, so we will see if it's a good idea or not. But please be patient and let's build a strong platform where we can learn and promote each other.