What's the nicest compliment you've gotten as a nurse?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Just thought we could all use a warm and fuzzy topic. Nursing can seem like a thankless job at times, and when you do get that rare validation from a patient or another staff member it sticks with you. For me, I'll always remember how I felt when a CNA came up to me and said "We all feel safer with you around".

So how about you? What's something nice that a patient or another staff member said that stands out to you?

Specializes in Critical Care and ED.

I looked after an OBGYN attending in the cardiac ICU who was having open heart surgery. After his surgery he said "I finally understand what you nurses do and I can see you run the show here. I've barely seen a doctor". He wrote a letter to my manager praising me, and coming from another professional it meant a lot.

When a co-worker says "I'd want you to be my (or family members) nurse if I'm ever in the hospital". Knowing what it takes to be a nurse, its so flattering to know they respect all aspects of my job and notice my passion!!

Specializes in Hematology-oncology.

This post is a few months old, but I just got the nicest compliment from a patient this past week. She's been a nurse at another large hospital for many years. She told me that when she is well, she wants to apply for a position on our floor because "everyone who has cared for me has been skilled, compassionate, and seems to truly love their job. I've never seen that before."

+ Add a Comment