LPN to RN graduate resume question

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello Everyone,

I graduated in Lpn to Rn program on May 12th. I need to create a new resume now. We were told in management class that we should include our clinical or preceptor hours in our resume. (not everyone did preceptor ship)Unfortunately I had to retake the last class which was critical care nursing. First time I successfully completed 96 hours preceptor ship and the second time 96 hours regular clinicals. Ironically I want to apply to ICU jobs in Florida. My question is should I include both experiences in my resume or just the clinical hours from the last successful semester? I don't want to lie but I'm not proud that I failed the class first time either. My explanation for my failure is that my husband lost his job at the beginning of that semester and moved to Florida to start his new job while I stayed in Ohio to finish school. I wasn't able to focus well in the first month and I just couldn't catch up.

Also I would like to hear from RN's who were Lpn's before about how to incorporate Lpn experience in the new RN resume. Thank you in advance

Specializes in Ambulatory Care-Family Medicine.

I listed my LVN years under Experience just like any other job. I did not list any clinical hours or preceptorship hours since I had real world nursing experience as a LVN.

Specializes in ER.
I listed my LVN years under Experience just like any other job. I did not list any clinical hours or preceptorship hours since I had real world nursing experience as a LVN.

Thank you 😊That's what I was thinking myself and found odd what our managment class teacher said aboit resume.

caliotter3

38,333 Posts

On an online CV, I noticed that someone left off mention of their LPN and ASN education altogether. They start with their BSN. Assume it was because the BSN was obtained from a fancier program that looks better on paper. As you progress, you might want to also change your starting point, for space limitation reasons, if no other reason.

+ Add a Comment