Chorus tips?

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School Nursing.

Chorus rehearsals skyrocket my dizziness/faint visits.

Any pointers on how to minimize them? I know there's not much to do about "Lets stand a couple hundred kids on risers together under hot lights for an hour," but figured I'd throw the question on the table.

Also, I just really needed to complain about it. I dread these days.

Ugh, I hear ya. I'm dreading Field Day, too.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

For me, it's ROTC: standing in formation or the dreaded "run as fast as you can while you're out of shape" days.

The kids are likely being told to eat breakfast (they don't).

They're likely being told to hydrate (see above). It's a lovely natural consequence of not doing what the adult tells you to do...until someone hits their head and has to have five stitches.

Short of making up a gallon-size pitcher of ice water and bringing in granola bars.... you have to be like the penguins in that movie. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave."

How many days left for you???

Short of making up a gallon-size pitcher of ice water and bringing in granola bars.... you have to be like the penguins in that movie. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave."

How many days left for you???

23 :blink:

Have everyone take a drink before and 1/2 way through. No LOCKED legs, they should have slightly bent knees.

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.
Ugh, I hear ya. I'm dreading Field Day, too.

My wife has field day, I'm going to actually miss it. It seems to be our easiest day, half day, no meds and no one wants to miss out on the fun.

Have everyone take a drink before and 1/2 way through. No LOCKED legs, they should have slightly bent knees.

"Locked Legs" were the exact reason I saw several classmates go down when I was in HS. It is a very easy position to find yourself, especially when you are nervous. As for school nursing, I have spoke to my choir directors and they have all been great about reminding the kiddos about this.

That plus staying hydrated and remembering to DEEP BREATHE when the opportunity presents itself, should help a lot!!! :)

+ Add a Comment