Who uses Labcorp/FirstSource Solutions?

Nurses Recovery

Published

The lab is in Pennsylvania. I'm wondering what other people's experiences have been with getting results. I've had at least 2 "Invalid-cancelled" which of course I have no idea why.. from what I've read it could have been a creatinine SG issue, but I've never had a dilute. My clonazepam has only been positive twice out of 20 tests so far this year (well I assume that's what it was positive for.. who knows) and sporadically the last 2 years. It often takes 2 weeks for results. But here is the one I'm really curious about. I've been getting A LOT of "Flawed Test" under results. Most of them were later reposted as negative. But I just got another one yesterday (my 2nd in 2 weeks) and this one hasn't been turned to negative yet.

I have NO CLUE what it means. I've looked on their site and everywhere else I could think of . I can only find Invalid Test.. not Flawed.

These tests usually take take forever to result.. and then say flawed. I think it's absolute BS that they won't tell me what that means. Am I doing something wrong that is putting unnecessary attention on my tests? Is the collection site screwing up? They do computerized COC now and it always looks like everything is filled out correctly. Or is the lab just full of incompetent workers?

its causing unneeded extra stress and worry. I feel like I am paying out the a$$ for these tests.. I should have the right to know what's going wrong with them!

has anyone had that happen? Do you have any problems with This lab?

Specializes in 911 critical care ambulance nurse.

Just a false positive for hydrocodone three years ago that I protested with proof of potential misdiagnosis in certain individuals.

I don't know what 'first source' is, but through Affinity my primary lab is Labcorp. We can use certain 'urgent care' places to drop a urine in a pinch ( checking in outside of 4am-2pm est window, or shift work that made it impossible to get to Labcorp by 5pm ). My tests generally show up within 48 hours. The only time I had an issue was a recent positive for alcohol, which I disputed. Otherwise, fast results.

We only get 5 hours to test once we have checked in.. and the latest urgent care we have closed at 7 so we have to be careful what shifts we do too.. no 12 hour day shifts. I can't agree to stay late or do a double until I've checked in.. which I can't do til late in the day.. so I look like a total NOT team player. But I have no choice. I start work at 6:15 am and often don't get done til 4-5pm so I have to rush to get to the clinic on time. Just more added stress!

Ive had a lot of problems with this labcorp. I've had to send in my copy of COC several times to prove I tested cuz it got lost!

I just had a positive etg/ets result.. and i am not drinking AT ALL! I finally found a nursing job, I'm a single mom of a 11 month old baby boy. I hope it works out. I am praying and getting them all the info they need in regards to MDS sheets at work, the testing center, and whatever i have at that could come back as a false positive. I'm so scared bc I have 6 months to go! What did they do to you? And they let it go?

+ Add a Comment