Summer 2018 Plans?

Specialties School

Published

Not sure if we have started this type of thread yet this year or not but...what are you doing this summer? Working, traveling, drinking beer on the beach (OldDude)?

I will be chauffeuring my 2 daughters to what we call Summer School for Smarty Pants (enrichment not remedial summer school) for most of the month of June. We have a week long camping trip scheduled for July but otherwise NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH! I can't wait! I am hoping for lots of sleeping in without an alarm, long days on the deck with a cold drink and a book, trips to the lake, working on some home improvement projects and catching up on my scrapbooking. I will have to work 2 to 3 shifts a month at my side gig job but I seriously can't wait for summer vacation to start. Next Thursday, the 24th, is my last work day. Normally our school year ends in June but we have schools being renovated and the district wanted a long summer this year so we get 2 extra weeks! :woot:

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.
I still don't who"they" are. Case managers? Teachers? Administration? Parents?

Academia, those skewed people who never left school and live in that myopic environment. A total guess, I'll admit, but I bet I'm right.:bag:

Specializes in School Nurse.

No, no girl in the same situation graduating. The student in question walked at graudation with a diaper on and he was fine with that.

It's just that it's come up with other students (male and female) and they decided it would be more fair if the affected students were treated the same.

Students affected how? I can't say I've ever had a student with indwelling catheter. I've had a few that needed intermittant caths and a few in diapers or pullups. Who's dictating this?

I am a school nurse at an international school in Vietnam. I have three more weeks of school but I am looking forward to my besties coming for a visit and doing some traveling here. Halong Bay, Hue and HoiAn. Oh and a weekend in Bangkock Thailand. Then I will go back to the states and visit my family for the month of July. Can't wait!!!!

I take it you are from the US? How did you get such a posting? Sounds intriguing!

Well, all the students are gone now. I've been so busy, I've not had time to get online here so I missed the questions (only found them in my email notices). April, the person who dictated it to me is our district medical director (an MD, officially my boss though I kind of also report to the school principal). I hadn't come across this until last year as well, but they decided that this was the preferable way of dealing with kids who could not wear diapers for a given time.

+ Add a Comment