Texas Health Resources(not new grad)

U.S.A. Texas

Published

Hi fellow nurses, I was hoping to find out some information on Texas Health Resources. I live out of state (but from Louisiana with family in Dallas) and am looking to move to the Texas area. So far I have only interviewed with THR while still waiting to hear about interviewing with Parkland and THR. Looks like I will be offered a position at THR Fort Worth location on the mother baby unit. Anyone know anything? About this hospital, the unit, how the benefits compare, etc.

I was also offered a position at another hospital in Florida but I am 98% sure I am turning it down and taking the THR position just hoping to get more information.

Specializes in ER.

THR is one of the few hospital systems I have not worked at, so I can't offer clear judgement, but collected from interacting with peers and other coworkers, ex-coworkers, THR seems to have decent reputation. I know for sure that Parkland offered to pay about $2 more than other systems (that was 3-4 years ago) but it's crazy there so I personally didn't want to work there. Methodist pay is decent as well, Baylor is not as good. Both of their benefits didn't seem that great either. I had a coworker who moved to L&D in THR Fort Worth and she didn't have much to complain about so probably was decent enough. I don't think any hospital systems will blow you away since all people care about are cutting cost and saving money and paying as little as they can afford.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

THR pays well for this area, has good benefits, is not-for-profit and still cares about trying to do the right thing. I respect them a great deal as an organization.

+ Add a Comment