calling the doctor

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hello all new nurse here. I work in a ltc and so far everything is good except paperwork and when calling the doctor. I get nervous on what I should say especially when leaving a voicemail. At our facility we have to call the doc when we get labs in normal/ abnormal. Let's say a PT/INR came in and it was low. Would this be okay to say?

Hi doc blah my name is blah calling from Blah blah. This is regarding your resident Blah. Her labs are in I wanted to make you aware that her INR level came back 1.1 today.

I don't know what else to say. Should I add in her current dose? Tell him if you'd want to continue or hold?

Hello all new nurse here. I work in a ltc and so far everything is good except paperwork and when calling the doctor. I get nervous on what I should say especially when leaving a voicemail. At our facility we have to call the doc when we get labs in normal/ abnormal. Let's say a PT/INR came in and it was low. Would this be okay to say?

Hi doc blah my name is blah calling from Blah blah. This is regarding your resident Blah. Her labs are in I wanted to make you aware that her INR level came back 1.1 today.

I don't know what else to say. Should I add in her current dose? Tell him if you'd want to continue or hold?

Didn't you just ask this same question a few days ago?

+ Add a Comment