Robots, automation, and A.I. tech to replace nurses?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Think our jobs are safe, think again. The next generation of nurses might look and sound a little different.

Robot helps nurses schedule tasks on labor floor | MIT News

Robotic nurses: No substitute for real RNs - American Nurse Today

Robotic Nurses | Computers and Robots: Decision-Makers in an Automated World

Robot Nurses Will Make Shortages Obsolete

What say you, nurses of allnurses? Has anyone encountered similar innovation in their facility?

We're talking about different situations. The one I mentioned involved a driverless uber where someone essentially suddenly jumped in front of it. Either way this is here nor there. Planes crash, trains derail, medicines kill, space shuttles blow up; the beat of innovation goes on. Nothing is perfect, and I bet when we get data about crash/injury/fatality rates, it will be better than manually operated cars.

We're talking about different situations. The one I mentioned involved a driverless uber where someone essentially suddenly jumped in front of it. Either way this is here nor there. Planes crash, trains derail, medicines kill, space shuttles blow up; the beat of innovation goes on. Nothing is perfect, and I bet when we get data about crash/injury/fatality rates, it will be better than manually operated cars.

Someone didn't suddenly jump in front of the car. The "driver" was looking down, and when she looked up, she immediately saw the pedestrian crossing the road and gasped as the car was about to hit her. The car never "saw" the pedestrian, at all. The driver might have had time to react if she had been paying attention. We just don't know one way or another.

Self driving cars are very different than robot nurses ...and much less complicated. We're still nowhere near getting it right, though.

+ Add a Comment