TEAS 78.7 without studying. Should I retake?

U.S.A. Minnesota

Published

Is it worth the time and trouble (taking hte day off work) to retake the test? I'm looking for Spring 2018 (so have to take it by June 1) for Metro State, MCTC, Normandale, Inver Hills, pretty much any program in the twin cities. My GPA is 4.0.

Guest1071582

6 Posts

I live in Minnesota and I was accepted to both Century and NHCC's Nursing Program for Fall 2019. I had a 12.2 for Century and an 11.4 for NHCC.

With a Teas score of 78.7 and a 4.0 GPA, your composite score will be an 11.87 - which is a great score! With that score, you will for sure get into NHCC, ARCC, and Century's Nursing program. I have talked to admission counselors for those three programs, and no one has been rejected with a score that high in the past couple of cycles and for the 2018 cycle.

Metro State, Normandale, and Inver Hills are a little more competitive to get into due to their smaller class sizes. However, based on the Fall 2018 forum, a person got accepted into Inver HIlls with an 11.87 composite but was waitlisted at Metro with that score (Metro is the most competitive out of all the Twin Cities Mane programs). In Fall 2017 forum, people wrote they got accepted into Inver Hills with an 11.73 and Normandale with an 11.8.

So unless, Metro is your dream school and you want to go there, I would not waste my time retaking the Teas. An 11.87 will for sure get you into a couple programs for Spring 2019 (you stated spring 2018 in your post, but I am guessing you meant 2019).

Best of luck!

Thank you SO MUCH! That is a huge help!

+ Add a Comment