Death and Repossession

Nurses Recovery

Published

My husband's car got repossessed on Wednesday. We were two months behind because I got called for blood and nail tests and that ate up our monthly budget. We both work long distances from home so we need two cars.

So, the car got repo'd Wednesday.

And my dad was shopping and dropped dead yesterday in the store.

The police showed up to my house to tell me. I cannot believe he's really gone. He was the only family member who never abandoned me. He was my world.

And to top it off, I was called to drug test yesterday. Sobbing hysterically, I called my case manager...and she at least had the heart to wave the drug test.

I just can't take it anymore. Life keeps dropping catastrophic bombs, one after the other, and I just can't take it.

Just venting.

So sorry for your loss of your dad. The toughest losses in life for me was my parents. Praying for you.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

All the hugs to you right now. Nothing I can think of saying would be remotely helpful except that you can vent all you need here.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Eris,

I am horribly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Hi Eris,

I feel your sorrow through the screen. All this has been going on and yet you still give of yourself on this forum and professionally.

Dad's are so special, sounds like you had a good one. A heartfelt hug from me to you and prayers as you face the hours. We face days, weeks, months and years, but it's the hours that are the hardest. Don't lose hope...

Eris,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sometimes life just sucks! Vent away here! Sometimes it helps to just write it all down. All your thoughts and emotions and fears swirling around and around, writing it down helps to organize yourself.

All you can do is take it one day at a time. I lost my father 6 years ago, I know how hard this is for you. Just keep your case manager updated, and as awful as it sounds, they will eventually take advantage of this stressful and emotional time in your life and decide that you are more at risk for relapse, therefore your testing will probably increase for awhile. Right when you can't afford it either financially or emotionally! I hope they give you some time, but I wanted to throw that out there so you can prepare.

Oh my God. You are in my prayers. I am so sorry.

Specializes in LTC, assisted living, med-surg, psych.

I have no words. I am so sorry for what you're going through. HUGS.

Very sad for you today, what terrible losses.. thinking of you from Alaska and sending all positive and healing vibrations your way

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).

So sorry for your recent loss and financial difficulty --I know this is hard and at least they waived the test. I will tell you that this too shall pass. I am not sure if you are a praying person and I don't want to insult but I am sending positive thoughts your way into the universe or whatever God you pray too.

Hppy

So sorry you are going through this. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

+ Add a Comment