Lice... why lice?

Specialties School

Updated:   Published

Basically put, I got told that a Kinder student had lice. So I had to check that class, which is fine. But the teacher was demanding I check 1st grade and such because they were together ONCE outside. I tried to explain that lice don't jump or fly to anyone, only if the children jump on themselves and rub each other's head or share jackets, no way it can happen. She got on my case and told me it's my job and I should do it. I'm like, it's my job, but I'm not going to check all the classes just because of ONE student. As OD said, you are not going to check for fevers just because of one student having a fever.Then I'm told this student had a sibling in 4th grade, so guess who has to check ALL of 4th grade now? THIS ONE!

It's like, HOW CAN I PUT IT IN THEIR TINY HEADS, I DO NOT NEED TO CHECK EVERY CHILD FOR LICE!?!?!

Rant over.

Who takes care of the ill / injured students when you are spending all of your days doing lice checks???

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Update: Checked class, NOTHING. WTH!

So yeah... no lice... HMMMMMMMMMMMM, I wonder where LD got them from then? Maybe from HOME?

+ Add a Comment