Where do the nurses with the highest job satisfaction work?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi everyone,

I'm curios about where the happiest nurses work and what exactly the hospital and/or units are doing to keep these nurses highly satisfied in their positions, considering the highly pressured environment we work in. For example nurse to patient ratios, work-life balance, resources, support, team work, admission/discharge nurses, etc. Looking forward to your feedback.

Eschell,

Hello,

I like your post I am not a nurse; however, I live in Kansas and I am researching the field because I plan on applying to different programs in the state. Can you give me suggestions regarding what you would look for in a program?

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.
So different for everyone. Work life balance is key.

I am about to start a float pool position. Some people hate floating, but I love it. No drama, can fly under the radar.

Having a bad day? Tomorrow will be on a different unit.

I also get a raise, work days only, and work hardly any weekends or holidays.

You have to figure out what you value and find the job that fits you best.

Amen. I hated being floated when I had a home unit, but now I absolutely love being float pool. For all of the reasons you mentioned above, plus less interaction with management, and being able to pick up an extra shift anytime I want because there's always a need somewhere.

Over-all I have been very happy in the NICU.

What would you consider a reasonable employer? Thank you for your feedback.

Can you elaborate a bit on what makes your boss cool? Thank you :)

Accreditation is huge. N-Clex passing rate. Length of the program and how long the school has been around. If your doing it online make sure you ask where clinical's will take place, if you need to look for your own clinical site or if the school provides the clinical site. Cost, there are programs through the community colleges that are not as expensive. I hope this helps.

+ Add a Comment