Throwing in the Towel

Nursing Students LPN/LVN Students

Published

HI

I really need some tips, and pointers. Ive been nursing school since May 2017. Ill be done with the program on May 10, 2018. Not afraid to say, I am a C student.

I'm now nearing the end of my program, and I really feel stupid. I took the comprehensive predictor last week, and I got a 52%. I feel so stupid! We are now in capstone ATI, and everybody in my class is flying pass me. I feel like I may have to teach myself nursing all over again. I'm trying to stay positive because in my defense I'm really not a good test taker so its hard for me.! I get remediation from ATI, but is that really going to help me? Am I wasting my time. I want to be a nurse more than anything in the world. I just feel so discouraged right now.

Are there any tips anyone to offer me? I'm willing to do anything.

Graduation is in June

When were you supposed to be out of school? Are you losing motivation? No one can study and pass for you, accept you. You said you are willing to do anything so study. Stick it out until the end and if you have to repeat something to pass than so be it. Stop worrying about other people, you are not them, don't have the same life, and personality. Everyone has a different tolerance level and are affected by things differently. Focus most on you. Good luck!

Specializes in Varied.

You're weeks away from finishing. Once you finish, consider taking some time off AWAY from nursing. Then, start studying. It may be that you're suffering from burn out. LPNs learn a lot in such a short amount of time.

+ Add a Comment