Phillips School at Mount Sinai Fall 2018 ABSN

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi everyone! Just thought I would make a forum for those going to Mt Sinai's ABSN in Fall of 2018. I am so excited to get going and meet everyone!

Best- Kat

@AMartinova Hey, I haven't received any other information. I would think the orientation it on 21st as well since that's what it says on the acceptance letter, however, it didn't use the word mandatory so I am not sure.

Hey I was accepted to the program this fall as well, Can't wait to start !

Hey you can take Bioethics online through Portage Learning. As long as you finish the course before the fall semester begins it will be accepted.

Hello guys, did anyone else receive an email to have their id picture done?

Hi everyone! Looking to apply to the ABSN program for 2019. Would love to hear stats from people who were accepted. I just sent an email asking if the minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 was averaged with all schools' GPA or considered separately. I have a 3.157 GPA from undergrad from 2008 (when I stupidly didn't take college seriously and unsure what career path I wanted to do) but currently hold a 3.85 pre-requisites GPA so wanted to know before I apply. Any information would be great! Thank you so much and good luck with the program!

Just apply. You never know what they are really looking for. I didn't do very well on my first degree but I got a 4.0 gpa after redoing my prerequisites. Do some volunteering if you aren't already doing so. Just apply and have some faith.

Hey guys! How's the 1st semester at Mount Sinai? I'm wondering if any of you guys are willing to share some info.. how many days a week? Hours ect, how are the classes.

Hey guys! For those who are currently in PSON, where are the various clinics held? Are the clinic locations mainly around PSON, or are they all scattered around Manhattan and may even be in other boroughs? I am trying to look for a place to live that would be near PSON and clinic placements.

Hello all.

I applied for the Fall program and got accepted a few weeks ago. How long did you all receive your financial aid packages after? If anyone doesn't mind, can they share their scholarship/fafsa information? I'm trying to get an idea of the prices for the program once aid is invested.

Also, can someone share their experiences? I understand the program is fairly new, but there are not that many reviews on the program, classes, intensity, teachers, clinicals, cost etc. I'm also a bit concerned since it is a hybrid program.

im interested in applying for the fall cohort but have a question about come prerequisites. I emailed the program and haven't heard back. I wanted to see if they can count a philosophy course for the ethics requirement (George Washington does this) also if your chemistry is more than 5 years if taking the CLEP exam or having graduate coursework can be an exception (like graduate pharmacology, neuro, public health courses, etc.)

Hello guys,

Can somebody tell me what chemistry can be count as a prerequisite to Mount Sinai ABSN nursing program? Chem 1000 - Principles of Chemistry I or Chem 1110- General Chemistry I?

Thank you

On 4/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, katboyce14 said:

Hey! Yeah so I also applied to NYU but I went with PSON because I've heard from a few doctors that I work with that PSON has the best connections with hospitals in NYC.

Hi if you don’t mind me asking. How long t took for the acceptance letter. What month did you get it ? In waiting for mine and super nervous

+ Add a Comment