Still hanging on...

Specialties School

Published

Hi,

Remember me, I started school nursing back in September of 2017. I wasn't in love when I first started but I've learned to adjust and the perks/benefits outweighed how I felt, very baby friendly job, esp since my baby is due May 1st. Just counting down the days till I go on maternity leave now. I signed a new contract for the next school year "18-19". I start maternity leave May 1st and then return back to work September 4th. I also asked for a reduction of hours. So after I come back from leave I will be 7-245 vs staying till 345 just to avoid my heavy commute and have more time to pick up baby from sitter and get errands ran. I had to of course take a small reduction of salary but I'm okay with it for now. If It doesn't make a difference I will ask to go back to original hours and salary. So I'm going to stick it out here for one more year. I applied for an FNP program so just waiting to hear if I was accepted.

Only time will tell me where my nursing journey will take me next year. :) Just wanted to check back in with you guys/gals. Hope all is well!

OldDude

1 Article; 4,787 Posts

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

Congratulations! Glad you stayed the course. Now, waddle on until you can hold that bundle of joy!!

@OldDude, RN Thank you! I will continue to waddle on. lol

Cattz, ADN

1,068 Posts

Specializes in School Nurse. Having conversations with littles..

Oh so exciting! Please let us know when your bundle of joy gets here! :)

@Cattz I will :)

ruby_jane, BSN, RN

3,142 Posts

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Yay! May 1 will be here before you know it. Good thoughts for an uneventful delivery and a wonderful baby summer!

@ruby_jane, BSN, RN Thank you! :) Cannot wait to meet him!

WineRN

1,109 Posts

Specializes in NCSN.

All of the exciting news! I wish you all the best with your pregnancy!

@WineRN, BSN, RN Thank you! :)

Have Nurse, ADN, RN

3 Articles; 719 Posts

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.

Please take care of yourself. Listen to your body. Best to you and the bundle of joy!

Avill, BSN, RN

2 Articles; 382 Posts

Specializes in School Nursing, Home Health.

Congrats! Let us know when your baby gets here! That's awesome they let you change your hours. I wish they did that here! lol. Let us know how the FNP goes for you. I've though about doing an online FNP since I get a good amount of down time here.

Best of luck!

MegWorth

72 Posts

Congrats mommy to be!

+ Add a Comment