LPN to RN

World Canada

Published

Hi!

Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade from LPN to RN while working full time?

Specializes in Medicine.

Many people can't afford to work just part time,so There are part time LPN to RN programs (such as through Athabasca University). Where do you live? In Ontario there is also a part time option at Nippising University (offered through distance education) and there is also a par time program through Centennial college/Ryerson University. The part time programs usually take 5-7 years to complete.

I live in Alberta. Does anywhere do it online? or in the calgary area? I live outside calgary and don't wanna travel too far.

I heard Athabasca for people in Alberta. It can be done online. But I was wondering the same I'm from BC, if I can also do it via Athabasca?

Specializes in Medicine.

The Athabasca program is open to anyone in Canada. HOWEVER, before you start the program you have to register as an LPN in Alberta and maintain your Alberta licence through out the whole program. Also, be prepared to do clinical in Alberta.

Even when you live in Alberta, there is no guarantee your clinical placements will be in the area that you live in.

It all comes down to available preceptors and facilities willing to work with you.

+ Add a Comment