Oh no you didn't

Specialties Geriatric

Published

Specializes in Gerontology, Med surg, Home Health.

So....many of you have followed the saga of my long career. I recently applied on line for a job and got a call from the DNS to come in for an interview. Off I went and had a great talk with the woman. We come from the same place and have similar styles. That was a Tuesday. She said she'd check on the salary and get back to me. Then she left me a voice mail and said things were really hectice and PROMISED to call me on Friday. Friday came and went....here it is a Tuesday and I haven't heard from her. Meanwhile I got an email from the corporate headquarters saying Thanks but no thanks.

SO.....I composed a letter the gist of which was "I'm a professional and would never promise to call someone and then not call. Good luck with your search." Honestly I didn't really mean to mail it but it was with a bunch of other things and got sent off in the mail.

Today, Tuesday, she left me a voice mail saying things there were in a tail spin but she really wanted me to meet with the administrator.

I had to laugh. She's going to get my snarky letter and wonder WTF. I hope the woman has a sense of humor. I'm planning to tell her I really didn't mean to mail it and see what happens.

Another chapter for the book entitled "You Can't Make This Stuff Up."

Some day I'll learn.

Specializes in LTC, assisted living, med-surg, psych.

Uhhhh...oops?

Ah ha ha ha ha! This is hilarious! I do 100% wish you well but this is freaking comical!

I wouldnt go, but you gotta go. Please keep us updated..

Specializes in Gerontology, Med surg, Home Health.

I did call and let the woman know that I was blowing off steam and the letter shouldn't have been mailed. Apparently she either didn't get the letter or didn't care since I just had an interview with the Administrator. Things work out the way they're supposed to.

I did call and let the woman know that I was blowing off steam and the letter shouldn't have been mailed. Apparently she either didn't get the letter or didn't care since I just had an interview with the Administrator. Things work out the way they're supposed to.

Well, it's good to know everything worked out and you both can have a good laugh about this in the future .:D

+ Add a Comment