Advice is needed for this newbie

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Specializes in Critical Care Nurse.

After my spring 2018 rejection, I was accepted into the LCON come fall 2018. I am very grateful, because this was my first choice and despite sitting a semester out (or taking honors classes that I didn't have to take at the moment) I am thrilled to finally start the beginning of the most hectic chapter of my life.

Anyways, for those of you wrapping up your semester in nursing school, is it like anything you imagined? I'm always reminded how difficult nursing school is, so I do not for a second assume that it is an easy task. But it is great to hear people elaborate on the experience nursing school has taught them. Lastly, what are some advice you can give newbies, like myself as we enter our first semester? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations to those of you who were accepted fall 2018!

Specializes in SRNA.

I overestimated how difficult nursing school was going to be. Now that I'm 3 semesters in, it's definitely easier than I expected.

As for advice, do not for one second think that you'll be able to read all the assigned chapters, do hw, prepare for labs, and any other extraneous busy work. Do what is REQUIRED, read the lectures before hand, and skim the readings. I've been in school since summer 2017 and I haven't read the book for any classes since then.

Good luck!

+ Add a Comment