NCLEX is scheduled for April 11, 2018

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

So very nervous. This will be my fifth time taking the exam. I have done so many questions reviewed content. I am so worried about medications. Any pointers on how to remember them. Mnemonics do not seem to work for me.

Specializes in School Nurse, past Med Surge.

Instead of focusing so much on specific medications work on classes of medications. I.E.: -lol are beta blockers...what are their actions & s/e, -pril are ace inhibitors, etc.

If mneomnics don't work for you, how about coming up with stories? Playing along with the suffixes like SaltineQueen mentioned, to remember benzodiazepines, think of, "-Pam and -Lam drove away in the Benz" Examples: diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam. I don't know if my friend thought of this herself or looked online, but it's helped me.

For LPN school, what really helped me was to make a list of all of the meds that were emphasized in class. I would then write everything little detail I remembered about each medication. I would then compare what I wrote to my text/notes and write the new info in another color. I also did this a couple of times with the classes.

Specializes in OMFS, Dentistry.

As a multiple test taker I feel your pain. I passed on the third try in 75 questions and can honestly say that it was less about memorization and more of other things like Priority, Delegation, SATA. This time, I had no meds, ekg, or dosage calculations. I had high level many many SATA, Drag and Drop, Hot Spot, and multiple choice.

Wishing you all the best!! - You CAN do this!

First, Good Luck!!!! You got this!

In theory, really put yourself in those situations with the questions. What are you going to do as that patien's nurse...

So I started at 8 am this morning and finished at 141 questions.. I wanted to cry. I was hesitant on doing the trick because of it being wrong for me before. I did do the trick and it states that I have an open registration and no further testing could be scheduled. Is this the good pop up? I sent it to friends who did get the good pop up and they said yes. Just very nervous

So I started at 8 am this morning and finished at 141 questions.. I wanted to cry. I was hesitant on doing the trick because of it being wrong for me before. I did do the trick and it states that I have an open registration and no further testing could be scheduled. Is this the good pop up? I sent it to friends who did get the good pop up and they said yes. Just very nervous

Specializes in OMFS, Dentistry.

Well from the sounds of it..... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Hiii....my exam is on 18april , so how many sata questions u got ?n what types of questions got more ?? thnx

I had a lot of sata. Only two med math. No hot spot questions. Four questions that you had to put in order. Not very many maternity or med questions. Alot of teaching questions.

Specializes in Emergency Department.

To me, it sounds like you have the good popup. Here's the rub: the exam has to be scored twice before they render an official pass/fail result. Your exam might have only been scored once. There's no way for you to know this. It's possible for your result to flip to a "fail" result. This doesn't happen often, but it can, and has for others in the past. If your state participates in Quick Results, you should pay the amount for the result only when you've hit the 48 hour mark because it's possible for your exam to be scored and a license issued before the 48 hour mark. Doesn't make much sense to pay for QR if you find out you have a license...

So keep a keen eye on NurSys and/or your state's licensing website/portal as that's often where you'll find your license info posted first. If you hit that 48 hour mark and don't have any further news, do the QR if you can. In the meantime, don't do the PVT any more. If the result flips, you end up paying $200...

Thanks for shooting all of my hopes rigbt out of the sky. Your great

+ Add a Comment