OIG list

Nurses Recovery

Published

Specializes in ER/ICU.

Can anyone give me info on the OIG list.... has anyone here been able to get their name off that list? How do I go about getting off that list?

What is the OIG list?

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Office of the Inspector General- the Medicare/ Medicaid Exclusion list.

gotcha thank u

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).
gotcha thank u

It basically a list of healthcare professional who have committed certain crimes felonies mostly and can not work at any facility that collects Medicare/Medicaid. So basically every hospital in existence. I have that some people do succeed in getting off the list but I don't know anyone.

Hppy

Specializes in Med/Surg, Women's Health, LTC.

Go on to their website and request an application.

Fill it out and mail it in. I am in the process right now. I will let you know how it goes. It does take about a month to hear anything, from everything I have read.

Yes, you can get off that list. From my personal investigation ( I was scared I was on it ) it's a list of providers who have either committed some sort of 'act' or had their licenses revoked, voluntarily relinquished ( don't ask me why ). I prohibits you from working for any institution where medicare/medicaid is billed for reimbursement. It's not that a red flag would pop up if you were hired, more like if the hospital were found to have hired anyone on the OIG list they would be fined. There is a form that you fill out to apply for your name to be removed. I don't know what requirements must be met to be found eligible for removal.

The application is lengthy and you can ONLY obtain one by writing and requesting one. Here is the site link:

Applying for Reinstatement | Exclusions | Office of Inspector General | U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Here is the address to request an application to be removed from the list:

To apply for reinstatement, the excluded individual or entity must send a written request to:

HHS, OIG, OI

Attn: Exclusions

P.O. Box 23871

Washington, DC 20026

Fax: (202) 691-2298

I have heard of others say they simply list the reasons they should be removed and why.

I am awaiting my response. I will chime in with results.

I was placed on the list due to my RN license being revoked. One more hurdle to jump over.

My legs should be strong after all of this!

rn1965, how did things go with applying for removal from OIG? Were you applying before your time was up? I'm on OIG and trying to find more information...

Specializes in ER, ICU/CCU, Open Heart OR Recovery, Etc.

I waited years after I was eligible for removal from the list, to apply for removal. I followed instructions to the T, didn't overdo or underdo things. I told them why I felt I should be removed and gave them what they asked for. If you do that you should be fine. I have been.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, squirrel22 said:

rn1965, how did things go with applying for removal from OIG? Were you applying before your time was up? I'm on OIG and trying to find more information...

It was very easy. It happened to be after my "time was up". It took about 4 weeks, start to finish. No money required. But, you do have to request the application be sent to you. The app is lengthy and make sure you fill it out completely (and, of course, make copies) and send it in (I did cert mail).

Once they finished and took me off the "list", I got a letter telling me I was removed from the exclusion list. Simple.

+ Add a Comment