good surprise

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in orthopedic/trauma, Informatics, diabetes.

We just changed managers. It has been a long process and is still "gelling"

One thing that has happened to me, I have started getting emails forwarded to me and recognition that pts have turned in. This did not happen with the old manager. I think the old manager did not to recognize me. I have gotten 3 "atta girls" in the last week. that is more than I have gotten in a year. I am not the only one either.

there are some things that we are getting used to with a new manager, but this one is definitely a positive one. Pts telling me how much they appreciate me is fine with me, but it is nice to know that management knows as well.

Ah, email ...that thing I'm supposed to be checking every day I go to work.

Congratulations on finding something good about your new manager. Mine is crazy, but I hardly ever encounter her ...kind of like a Sasquatch.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

My gosh- how hard would it have been for your former manager to forward a stinking email and recognize people's good works? Geez- I'm glad you are finally hearing these kudos!

Specializes in orthopedic/trauma, Informatics, diabetes.

well, the old one was a little special. She had her pets. I am an overachiever and really want my unit and pts cared for. People don't like it when you make them look bad (not on purpose) because they are lazy.

+ Add a Comment