Any suggestions

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I've interviewed for two positions and most likely would have been offered except for one thing... My references don't call back. One job would have been great except they could only get one reference to call back, second job just had a second interview and they told me they still need a supervisory reference, can't use former manager (see previous post). I've called everyone. Of course they're working and busy. My last phone broke so I no longer have contact info for people I used to know... I don't know what else to try.

Maybe try different more reliable references. Facebook these people for their contact info and get the okay to list them as a reference. I'm not sure what's happened in your past but I'd like to think you'd have at least one manager you can use.

Specializes in Case manager, float pool, and more.

You can also use your past performance reviews as well. I keep all of mine to show service excellence as well as any cards/kudos from patients as well ( there are no names or identifying info on them ) in my protfolio. I also keep any awards, etc.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

I would TODAY call (as in the phone, with your voice) people who could be a reference for you. Ask them if they are willing, and then ask them how to best work that out.

How about "If I put you down, I'll text with the information about you with WHO might be calling/ emailing you so you'll be watching for it- that way you can check your spam to make sure it gets through".

Leave nothing to chance.

Specializes in ER.

I also had that problem, and included a recent performance appraisal, because I knew they would only confirm employment dates.

Maybe try different more reliable references. Facebook these people for their contact info and get the okay to list them as a reference. I'm not sure what's happened in your past but I'd like to think you'd have at least one manager you can use.[/

The problem is I don't remember last names and it has been an impossible challenge on fb.

You can also use your past performance reviews as well. I keep all of mine to show service excellence as well as any cards/kudos from patients as well ( there are no names or identifying info on them ) in my protfolio. I also keep any awards, etc.

Thank you, that is a brilliant suggestion. I don't know if I have any but will check-keeping fingers crossed.

I also had that problem, and included a recent performance appraisal, because I knew they would only confirm employment dates.

Thank you, as I replied to above poster that is a brilliant suggestion, and I'll keep all future reviews with that in mind just in case. I might request a copy of my personnel file.

I would TODAY call (as in the phone, with your voice) people who could be a reference for you. Ask them if they are willing, and then ask them how to best work that out.

How about "If I put you down, I'll text with the information about you with WHO might be calling/ emailing you so you'll be watching for it- that way you can check your spam to make sure it gets through".

Leave nothing to chance.

Thank you, one person who agreed to be a reference is not returning calls, she does take alot of vacation so I have no idea if she's away or just not interested. I'm also trying to get ahold of old supervisors.

+ Add a Comment