Different fields desk jockey RN can go

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in ER.

When I started out nursing, it took me 6 months to find out that bedside was not where I belonged.

Luckily after few years, I landed a UR job in insurance company, and since spending 2 years there, I found out that healthcare is not where I belonged.

I HATE healthcare, and it kind of stinks since there are so many fields out there, but I am not sure which one I can take since I have nursing background.

Lots of pay and little work? Sign me up. Just kidding. What are some different career fields desk job RN can take?

I take any suggestions. I think I will be happier processing chicken for Tyson than do limitless reviews day in and day out.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

The RN degree is pretty useless outside of nursing. You may consider going into medical equipment sales or pharmaceutical sales. Case management maybe. Education if you are interested in getting your MSN.

Specializes in ER.
The RN degree is pretty useless outside of nursing. You may consider going into medical equipment sales or pharmaceutical sales. Case management maybe. Education if you are interested in getting your MSN.

Yeah, unfortunately that appears to be the case. Lol, I can't imagine applying for most of these jobs with bsn.

+ Add a Comment