Samuel Merritt ABSN Difficulty

U.S.A. California

Published

Hi

I'm going to oakland for SMU's absn program and was thinking of commuting everyday from cupertino. Any current or recent-past students think this is worth the added stress of commuting everyday?

What is the absn schedule like? The school won't have the class schedule ready until one month before they begin so I have to look for apartments now if I am going to stay in Oakland

Thanks!

I would not do that commute. I assume all of their clinicals are in the East Bay as well. Regardless of the schedule, you will spend hours and hours commuting every week, when you should be studying, do assignments, care plans, etc.

thenames123

44 Posts

I would not do that commute. I assume all of their clinicals are in the East Bay as well. Regardless of the schedule, you will spend hours and hours commuting every week, when you should be studying, do assignments, care plans, etc.

I agree, but it would save me about 21k if commute!! Choices, choices.

michelin

12 Posts

Have you inquired with admissions about potentially transferring to the San Mateo campus for June ABSN cohort? It will cut your commute time. I know that transferring is possible, but not sure how possible and it wouldn't hurt to at least try. Goodluck!

thenames123

44 Posts

That might be a good idea. I have to contact them.

+ Add a Comment