Job Offers

Nurses Career Support

Published

You are reading page 2 of Job Offers

Hahah I keep trying to find people's posts who applied to Carolinas Medical Center and your name comes up sometimes!

Caseyyy27

26 Posts

Hahah I keep trying to find people's posts who applied to Carolinas Medical Center and your name comes up sometimes!

ohh yeah i did apply there! i had one interview for the ICU at pineville at like the beginning of february and never heard back:/

how long would you say would be normal? like a week?

That's very hard to say. The fastest formal offer I got after being informally told I had the job was two days. The longest was 8 weeks, and I was assured by that manager and the peer interviewers that I had the job. I did check in with that manager every couple of weeks for reassurance, and she told me I was still good to go each time...it was just HR doing their thing. Still took HR 8 weeks to process. That was with the major medical system in that state. That was a rough wait, but very worth it. The average time for the others has been around 2 weeks.

Caseyyy27

26 Posts

That's very hard to say. The fastest formal offer I got after being informally told I had the job was two days. The longest was 8 weeks, and I was assured by that manager and the peer interviewers that I had the job. I did check in with that manager every couple of weeks for reassurance, and she told me I was still good to go each time...it was just HR doing their thing. Still took HR 8 weeks to process. That was with the major medical system in that state. That was a rough wait, but very worth it. The average time for the others has been around 2 weeks.

Thanks for that! This is just one regional hospital so no huge medical system or anything. 2 weeks still seems like forever though :(

DowntheRiver

983 Posts

Specializes in Urgent Care, Oncology.

The fastest job offer I've ever had was same day. I interviewed, and then heard back 3 hours later. For my first hospital job as a new grad, I interviewed and it went well then I followed up with an email the next day where she told me "you should hear from HR very soon :)" and I heard from HR two days later. I also had a weird interview where they interviewed me, took me to HR without saying anything, and HR had me start filling out hiring forms. It was really weird because there was NO formal job offer. I ended up declining that one. With my state RN job, they have a process they must go through where they interview all candidates over a two week period. I was one of the first, so I didn't hear from HR for 3 weeks. In my current position, I interviewed on a Wednesday, received no offer but did receive a reference check email that day, and then was formally offered the job a week later. This position is my dream job, so I annoyed the crap out of my poor recruiter, who had the patience to keep telling me to be patient.

ETA: These are for all RN jobs.

Caseyyy27

26 Posts

The fastest job offer I've ever had was same day. I interviewed, and then heard back 3 hours later. For my first hospital job as a new grad, I interviewed and it went well then I followed up with an email the next day where she told me "you should hear from HR very soon :)" and I heard from HR two days later. I also had a weird interview where they interviewed me, took me to HR without saying anything, and HR had me start filling out hiring forms. It was really weird because there was NO formal job offer. I ended up declining that one. With my state RN job, they have a process they must go through where they interview all candidates over a two week period. I was one of the first, so I didn't hear from HR for 3 weeks. In my current position, I interviewed on a Wednesday, received no offer but did receive a reference check email that day, and then was formally offered the job a week later. This position is my dream job, so I annoyed the crap out of my poor recruiter, who had the patience to keep telling me to be patient.

ETA: These are for all RN jobs.

That's interesting! I had another interview at the same hospital but different unit the next day (yesterday) and that manager also told me she would reach out to HR and that I should hear from them later this week maybe, so I feel a little better. The first manager from monday said something about background checks and all that so I'm assuming the reference check is mixed in with that as well. Can you tell me more about that? Did they email you telling you they were doing a reference check or what?

+ Add a Comment