Preceptor Link & Clinical Match Me

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Specializes in Varied.

As a relatively new nurse, I have few contacts with potential preceptors and intend on utilizing a service to find my preceptors. Obviously, these are costly and was wondering if there was anyone who had utilized either of these services with success or not success.

Of course, the website has some reviews, but I have been unsuccessful in finding many.

Specializes in Hospitalist Medicine.

For the amount of money they charge for these sites, you would be paying more than $10,000 for them to find preceptors for you. That's quite a bit of out-of-pocket expense and it's due up front. You can find your own preceptors for no charge on your own. Or select a school that places you in clinicals.

Specializes in Varied.
For the amount of money they charge for these sites, you would be paying more than $10,000 for them to find preceptors for you. That's quite a bit of out-of-pocket expense and it's due up front. You can find your own preceptors for no charge on your own. Or select a school that places you in clinicals.

I picked a low-cost school so that the 10,000 would not be an issue. I have severe anxiety and worry I won't be able to land a preceptor.

I was curious about these preceptor services as well. I recognize the cost is a lot but I have anxiety too. I will be moving shortly to an area where I do not have a lot of contacts so, have thought about using one of these services just in case things don't pan out with finding preceptors.

Is this school CCNE accredited? The CCNE requires programs to find you a preceptor and clinical site if you are unable. That preceptor/site may not be super close to you geographically, but they are REQUIRED to place you. If they do not, you must file a formal complaint with the CCNE.

Specializes in Hospitalist Medicine.
I picked a low-cost school so that the 10,000 would not be an issue. I have severe anxiety and worry I won't be able to land a preceptor.

Also, your school may have a policy against using predatory companies like these. Use your networking skills and find some preceptors. Join your state's NP association (they have a student membership rate) and network through this group. If you work in a hospital, ask the doctors you regularly come in contact with for leads on preceptors.

Specializes in Varied.

Thanks for all the responses, I ended up at a school that identifies my preceptors.

Specializes in Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.

Now if only we could convince everyone that this is probably the best choice. Hmm... if demand for schools that placed clinical went way up and down for schools that didn't, we'd see more schools jump on that wagon.

Starting January 2019, every student in these programs need to file compliants with the accreditation agency listed above. This is the only way things will change...the bad programs need to be shut down. They will not help you find preceptors unless they realize the students will elevate the issue.

I posted this on another thread. A program near me has for years made students beg for preceptors. When the Sawyer initiative came out, the students brought this up to the program director. They all struggled to find preceptors and we're told they could not use paid preceptor sites. This director said the school would not find them preceptors in 2019, but would give future students a list of clinics that the current and past students used. This is there idea of clinical placement.

Here is a list, try to beg your way into it. This is unacceptable. Paid preceptor sites are filling a void. Hopefully they aren't needed in the future. I have no problem compensating a preceptor they should get something for their time and experience. Of course, the school should be paying them.

I was curious about these preceptor services as well. I recognize the cost is a lot but I have anxiety too. I will be moving shortly to an area where I do not have a lot of contacts so, have thought about using one of these services just in case things don't pan out with finding preceptors.

It would be cheaper to pay a preceptor yourself and cut out the middle man.

what schools find you a preceptor?

I haven't been able to find one.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, NursShan said:

what schools find you a preceptor?

I haven't been able to find one.

I’m curious as well but I wouldn’t need a NP preceptor. I would need a nurse educator. 

+ Add a Comment